Heavenly Solace: Shikigami Force MKII
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 296 on Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:44 am
Counter System

System problems: got a new router, Xbox is not happy about it

2 posters

Go down

System problems: got a new router, Xbox is not happy about it Empty System problems: got a new router, Xbox is not happy about it

Post by Alala Kuran Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:37 pm

Okay so here's the situation: recently, which was about two months ago, parents switched to a new router. It didn't seem to make a difference on much in performance except that some downloading times are chipped a fair 10 minutes away from lag so it's a bit faster; however, here's a problem with it as a double-edged sword.

Seems that switching the new router has confused many of our wireless devices; computers, phones, PSP's, Vita, PS3, Direct-TV, and Xbox360.

They dealt with the TV, and the computers weren't half of a bad deal to cope with a new change; I managed my own on this matter (as you can clearly see I'm online now.... at the cost of being disconnected lots of the time), and the PS3 at first was a bit wonky for one second, but it also coped with it as well. The Vita considered the signal very weak, but then started to also tolerate it; however, seems three devices still strongly disagree to accepting this new router up to this day.
First of all, all three PS-Portable systems are not even detecting the router... not only this, but in spite of this subject's title is the most disturbing case: the Xbox-360. Seems the black box actually hates this router! It only stays connected for about 75 seconds at tops if not less, then constantly disconnects, and often has lots, and I repeat on emphasizing: LOTS of trouble trying to connect to the router. It can't stay connected, and this is causing a big ruckus now that I just so happened to have gotten a chance to change gears on my XBLA profile from expired back to Gold Mode again and also trying to get some DLC stuff (due to disconnecting it almost considered my paid card as a fake!) and speaking of downloads.... this is a royal pain in the rectum. Each time I try to download something or in this spite: attempting to update Dragon Age: Inquisitor, which is the latest thing I just bought for it, I cannot update it due to constantly disconnecting far too much and the update failed thrice. At this rate, I cannot even play the game at all. System Failure sucks

What is going wrong here? Fear-Factor
Alala Kuran
Alala Kuran
Dimensional Admin
Dimensional Admin

Number of posts : 2566
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Character sheet
Race: Newman Newman
Personal Title: Crimson-Crystal Core
.: WARNING 0% WARNING 0%

http://heavenlysolace.ucoz.net/

Back to top Go down

System problems: got a new router, Xbox is not happy about it Empty Re: System problems: got a new router, Xbox is not happy about it

Post by Dark Knight Cecil Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:14 pm

Any number of reasons, really. Could be the wrong standard, too far from the router, SSID and/or password are wrong. Could even be the security is set to something incompatible with your systems. Or the router may just be ****.

I know with my router, because of the security options I have set, I can't connect my PSP.
Dark Knight Cecil
Dark Knight Cecil
Delusory Knight

Number of posts : 908
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Character sheet
Race: Dwarf
Personal Title: Crusader
.:

Back to top Go down

System problems: got a new router, Xbox is not happy about it Empty Re: System problems: got a new router, Xbox is not happy about it

Post by Alala Kuran Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:03 am

What a pain. Oh and by joy I actually found out they said it was something on their end that's bugging out because now even my PC had trouble connecting to the XBLA site a time or two then a red "Status Alert" appeared on the top of the page after I attempted to reload it over 7 times eventually. affraid
Alala Kuran
Alala Kuran
Dimensional Admin
Dimensional Admin

Number of posts : 2566
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Character sheet
Race: Newman Newman
Personal Title: Crimson-Crystal Core
.: WARNING 0% WARNING 0%

http://heavenlysolace.ucoz.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down