Heavenly Solace: Shikigami Force MKII
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 296 on Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:44 am
Counter System

PSO2's size

2 posters

Go down

PSO2's size Empty PSO2's size

Post by Azursia Siaku Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:20 pm

So it wasn't until i had to re download it that i realized just how big this game is. At ~2456 files out of 33.5k the game has already DLed 2.9gb. Doing some simple rounding and math this comes out to ~40.2gb. For a game that really doesn't have that much to it, espically in terms of graphics, this is WAY to much data. Either segas coding is an extreme mess, outfits take up way more data then they should, events and things no longer active and changes to anything ARE NEVER ACTUALLY DELETED FROM THE GAME CODE!

Really tho, I would have REDLed this game already, but it's so **** big for no reason, and I can't exactly wait around all day for it while having nothing to play.
Azursia Siaku
Azursia Siaku
Absent Unit

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2013-09-14

Character sheet
Race: Half-Beast (other)
Personal Title: Mother
.: WARNING 0% WARNING 0%

Back to top Go down

PSO2's size Empty Re: PSO2's size

Post by Lag Seeing Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:45 pm

looking at my folder, it's more like 32 gigs. still a lot more than one would expect it to be. as you said, majority of the size probably stems from clothing/armor, but it could also come from the boss coding, as the event bosses have their own specific scripts to run through
Lag Seeing
Lag Seeing
Infernal Soldier

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2009-12-04

Character sheet
Race: Humanoid/Human Humanoid/Human
Personal Title: Rookie Bee
.:

Back to top Go down

Post by Azursia Siaku Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:55 am

Ya i was just doing guesstimate math, I left it on while i slept (about 7 hrs) and had it running while i watched videos yesterday. While i slept it got about 9200/24305 which is less than 7gb.
Azursia Siaku
Azursia Siaku
Absent Unit

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2013-09-14

Character sheet
Race: Half-Beast (other)
Personal Title: Mother
.: WARNING 0% WARNING 0%

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content