Heavenly Solace: Shikigami Force MKII
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 296 on Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:44 am
Counter System

A look at What I brought over the past month

4 posters

Go down

A look at What I brought over the past month Empty A look at What I brought over the past month

Post by jade curtiss Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:45 am

A quick look/mini reviews at what games I brought this last month and a half this will include
White Knight Chronicles (PS3)
Final Fantasy 13 (PS3)
Resonance of Fate (PS3)
Last Rebellion (PS3)
Yakuza 3 (PS3)
Fragile Dreams:Farewell Ruins of the Moon (Wii)
Rune Factory Frontier (Wii)
Sakura Wars: So Long my Love (Wii)
Tatsunoko vs Capcom (Wii)

Edit: just relised I have 5 minutes till I have to leave for work, I'll finshed this later.
jade curtiss
jade curtiss
Yandere God

Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2007-10-16

Character sheet
Race: Half-Beast (Wolf)
Personal Title:
.:

Back to top Go down

A look at What I brought over the past month Empty Re: A look at What I brought over the past month

Post by Satsujinki Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:04 am

I'll share what I got too. This is March's list by the way. Nothing in April since I'm saving.

God of War III Ultimate Trilogy Edition (PS3)
Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
Pokemon Heart Gold (NDS)
STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl (PC)
Trauma Center: New Blood (Wii)

I think I'm slowing down in terms of getting games.
Satsujinki
Satsujinki
The Last Seraph

Number of posts : 2366
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Character sheet
Race: Humanoid/Human Humanoid/Human
Personal Title: Seraphim
.:

http://saiyajinmui.mugen-infantry.net

Back to top Go down

A look at What I brought over the past month Empty Re: A look at What I brought over the past month

Post by jade curtiss Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:58 pm

A good little game with decsent online play, love the transforming giant suits, concerns with the length of the game (very short, you could complete it over the weekend) also with the Knights, I did not see the point of them in combat besides fighting the final boss, most of the giant emenies can be beaten without transforming into the White Knight and Dragon Knight althrough it would take more time to do, town building as well felt a bit pointless the only real reason to do it is to get a hand on the rare armours and weapons.

Final Fantasy 13 (PS3)
The big RPG of the year falls a bit flat, I have seen people moaning about the linear, A-B, one long corridor gameplay, it is but these people seem to have short memories as well (FF10 was near enough the same the only difference is it had towns) otherwise pretty good, storyline is good when compared with others in the series although the begining can be confusing.

Resonance of Fate (PS3)
This is the one, gets my personal award for the most bad ass game so far this year, the only negative thing I can say about it is that it is brutally hard, you will die alot which might be the games downfall as many gamers that have spent years playing easy games and easy RPGs (FF13, SO4, etc) will just give up, but don't this is truely an awesome game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlAkhwfyj9Q

Last Rebellion (PS3)
Played this for about an hour and hav'nt touched it since, avoid like the plague

Yakuza 3 (PS3)
Oh hell yeah, Kazuma is back, the man that can bitch slap to death just by glaring at you, the negatives are stuff that they removed from the game for the international release (No playing Shougi, Mahjong, no dating the club girls and the removal of about 25 side missions).

Fragile Dreams:Farewell Ruins of the Moon (Wii)
Really good if somewhat short, never the less a good game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbE3NqIxbQA

Rune Factory Frontier (Wii)
Growing some turnips brb
Slightly addicted to this game over the past few days, its a spin off of the Harvest Moon games with added dungeon exploring, if you like HM you'll proberly like this

Sakura Wars: So Long my Love (Wii)

be trying this out over the weekend, one complait I have heard is that there are massive graps between save points

Tatsunoko vs Capcom (Wii)
excellent little fighter, but I can't figure out why the chose Yami (final boss of Okami) as the final opponant in arcade mode, it just seems weird and its not even a tough fight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrolnvPkjoU
jade curtiss
jade curtiss
Yandere God

Character sheet
Personal Title:
.:

Back to top Go down

Post by Satsujinki Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:31 pm

Jade Curtiss wrote:White Knight Chronicles (PS3)
A good little game with decsent online play, love the transforming giant suits, concerns with the length of the game (very short, you could complete it over the weekend) also with the Knights, I did not see the point of them in combat besides fighting the final boss, most of the giant emenies can be beaten without transforming into the White Knight and Dragon Knight althrough it would take more time to do, town building as well felt a bit pointless the only real reason to do it is to get a hand on the rare armours and weapons.

I'll look into it. I own it, but other games are taking up my time.

Jade Curtiss wrote:Final Fantasy 13 (PS3)
The big RPG of the year falls a bit flat, I have seen people moaning about the linear, A-B, one long corridor gameplay, it is but these people seem to have short memories as well (FF10 was near enough the same the only difference is it had towns) otherwise pretty good, storyline is good when compared with others in the series although the begining can be confusing.

Playing this now.

A lot of reviewers really hated Vanille.

Jade Curtiss wrote:Resonance of Fate (PS3)
This is the one, gets my personal award for the most bad ass game so far this year, the only negative thing I can say about it is that it is brutally hard, you will die alot which might be the games downfall as many gamers that have spent years playing easy games and easy RPGs (FF13, SO4, etc) will just give up, but don't this is truely an awesome game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlAkhwfyj9Q

Bought this yesterday. Tossing between playing this or Yakuza 3 after finishing FFXIII

Jade Curtiss wrote:Last Rebellion (PS3)
Played this for about an hour and hav'nt touched it since, avoid like the plague

To think I considered it. Thank god the $130 price tag put me off,

Jade Curtiss wrote:Yakuza 3 (PS3)
Oh hell yeah, Kazuma is back, the man that can bitch slap to death just by glaring at you, the negatives are stuff that they removed from the game for the international release (No playing Shougi, Mahjong, no dating the club girls and the removal of about 25 side missions).

Loved the first 2 games. Gonna love this.

Jade Curtiss wrote:Fragile Dreams:Farewell Ruins of the Moon (Wii)
Really good if somewhat short, never the less a good game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbE3NqIxbQA

May consider getting.

Jade Curtiss wrote:Rune Factory Frontier (Wii)
Growing some turnips brb
Slightly addicted to this game over the past few days, its a spin off of the Harvest Moon games with added dungeon exploring, if you like HM you'll proberly like this

Rune Factory is a fucking great game. Got the ones on DS and I was hooked.... Till I finished them.

Jade Curtiss wrote:Sakura Wars: So Long my Love (Wii)
be trying this out over the weekend, one complait I have heard is that there are massive graps between save points

Let me know how that one goes. Not sure whether to get it on Wii or PS2.

You know Omega. You should really get Demons Souls. Then we can do online stuff. (Make sure you get the one done by Atlus)

You have a PSN ID?

Mine's in the sig.
Satsujinki
Satsujinki
The Last Seraph

Character sheet
.:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrist Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:20 am

Though my gaming tyrade has slowed *I need to start finishing things* I have a nice collection from the start of the year.

Bayonetta: Just so...gimmie a moment.

White Night Chronicles: 1P is kinda short but online is where the game shines.

Sega Mega Collection: I want to play the RPG's badly but never enough time in the day.

A new PS3: My old 80 gig was not enough to handle my habits.

Pokemon Soul Silver: I'm not motivated enough to sit down and play like I use to but it's still a great game.

Guilty Gear Accent Core+: What can I say I like my fighters.

Super Street Fighter 4: I know it's not out yet but...HYPE

Oh I'll put up my PSN tag in my sig soon it's BriskHaku btw.
Hrist
Hrist
Cruel Valkyrie
Cruel Valkyrie

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2010-04-20

Character sheet
Race: Spirit Entity Spirit Entity
Personal Title: Eldest Valkyrie
.:

Back to top Go down

Post by jade curtiss Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:24 am

Satsujinki wrote:

Let me know how that one goes. Not sure whether to get it on Wii or PS2.

You know Omega. You should really get Demons Souls. Then we can do online stuff. (Make sure you get the one done by Atlus)

You have a PSN ID?

Mine's in the sig.

Played, completed and conquered, I have never hook up my PS3 to the internet, why? I don't know just something I have never done.

Kinda regret getting Last Rebelion, the main reason I got it is because the main character, a guy called Nine, lokks like Asch from ToA, weird combat system where you have to phyical attack the enermies body parts incertain order to bonus hit them and to "stamp" that part can them be attacked with magic, the emernies don't die when you defeat them you have to use the womens (forgot her name) move called seal on them, if you don't they just get up and become even stronger, gets tedious when you are fighting large groups.

About to play Sakura wars now, I'll post tomorrow about what it is like, that is if I can drag myself away from Rune Factory and Resonace of Fate, best games of the year so far (Atelier Rorona is surppose to come out July-September and from what I have heard and seen its gonna be awesome)
jade curtiss
jade curtiss
Yandere God

Character sheet
Personal Title:
.:

Back to top Go down

Post by Satsujinki Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:29 am

Jade Curtiss wrote:Played, completed and conquered, I have never hook up my PS3 to the internet, why? I don't know just something I have never done.

You should. I need more buddies to play Demon's Souls with anyways.

Just spent a whole day playing FFXIII. I can start to understand why the reviewers weren't so fond of Vanille.

Over the week it's Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey time.
Satsujinki
Satsujinki
The Last Seraph

Character sheet
.:

Back to top Go down

Post by jade curtiss Sat May 01, 2010 7:00 am

Alright Sakura wars is so far really good the diffrence in the timed choices are pretty good (you have the normal pick from a list, push the bar up and down choices and having to press in the directions choice.
no real problems saing as there is a added discontinue option the combat is basic but good and also pretty epic and the abilly to change into fighter plane things for the bosses.

the only real difference between the PS2 version and the Wii is that that the PS2 verison comes on two disks (wii on One) and it the PS2 as both english and Japanese dub (wii only has the english dub) not that it matters much the english dub is good, some people might have a problem with gemini voice over but I like it.
jade curtiss
jade curtiss
Yandere God

Character sheet
Personal Title:
.:

Back to top Go down

Post by jade curtiss Thu May 20, 2010 11:45 am

might as well make this a regular date from me

Played Monster Hunter Tri, to be honest for something thats extremly popular over in Japan I was expecting something better than this, boring, bland only fighting the giant monsters made it a bit exciting but in all this is getting traded back for something else

got my hands on Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearer, which I found to be enjoyable, not much in terms of combat, but some of the mini events are really good , althrough you can't retry any of them, its also very short about 10 hours
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnXV9hCXYak

Just found a copy of Fire Emblem Radiant dawn, havn't played it yet, but its fire emblem, its bound to be awesome
jade curtiss
jade curtiss
Yandere God

Character sheet
Personal Title:
.:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrist Thu May 20, 2010 12:10 pm

Bought Lost Planet 2 and it is awesome. Campaign is kind of short but fun.

Also liked Yu Gi Oh WC 2010. Man they really boosted the AI x_x
Hrist
Hrist
Cruel Valkyrie
Cruel Valkyrie

Character sheet
.:

Back to top Go down

Post by Satsujinki Sat May 22, 2010 5:39 am

Jade Curtiss wrote:might as well make this a regular date from me

Played Monster Hunter Tri, to be honest for something thats extremly popular over in Japan I was expecting something better than this, boring, bland only fighting the giant monsters made it a bit exciting but in all this is getting traded back for something else

got my hands on Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearer, which I found to be enjoyable, not much in terms of combat, but some of the mini events are really good , althrough you can't retry any of them, its also very short about 10 hours
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnXV9hCXYak

Just found a copy of Fire Emblem Radiant dawn, havn't played it yet, but its fire emblem, its bound to be awesome

I have Tri. We should go on hunts or something.

Anyways, guess I'll post what I got.

3D Dot Game Heroes: Only just got this so haven't played it as of yet.

Red Dead Redemption: Is fucking great. I haven't enjoyed a western game since GUN.

Okami: Found this for $10 for the Wii. I don't know why it's there, but hey, I liked it on PS2, the Wii version should be better.

Also got my hands on Resonance of Fate so I need to try that too.
Satsujinki
Satsujinki
The Last Seraph

Character sheet
.:

Back to top Go down

Post by Alala Kuran Sat May 22, 2010 6:04 pm

White Len : Guess I can participate too now... Razz

Most recent:
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon (Oh...! Good ol' Mortal Kombat... glad they have welcomed me after years of absence. Mind me being extremely eccentric, but... Blood and Gore has never been so laughable to see in my life! This game is absolutely hilarious!)

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger - Portable (Oh but Guilty Gear and Melty Blood are quite better, lol. Controls are kind of slow, but I play as Rachel Alucard.)

Undead Knights (Epic, but oy, the language... lol! I bought it for Vergil and play as Sylvia.)
Alala Kuran
Alala Kuran
Dimensional Admin
Dimensional Admin

Number of posts : 2566

Character sheet
Race: Newman Newman
Personal Title: Crimson-Crystal Core
.: WARNING 0% WARNING 0%

http://heavenlysolace.ucoz.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Satsujinki Sun May 23, 2010 3:45 am

Ren wrote:BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger - Portable (Oh but Guilty Gear and Melty Blood are quite better, lol. Controls are kind of slow, but I play as Rachel Alucard.)

Note to self: I still need to get around to buying BlazBlue.
Satsujinki
Satsujinki
The Last Seraph

Character sheet
.:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrist Sun May 23, 2010 4:21 am

If you're getting it on PS3/360 I say wait for Continuum Shift.
Hrist
Hrist
Cruel Valkyrie
Cruel Valkyrie

Character sheet
.:

Back to top Go down

Post by Satsujinki Sun May 23, 2010 4:38 am

That's the plan. I'll grab it as soon as Mightyape gets it.
Satsujinki
Satsujinki
The Last Seraph

Character sheet
.:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down