Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 100 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:43 am
Counter System

PSO2 going to the Western Side?

Go down

PSO2 going to the Western Side? Empty PSO2 going to the Western Side?

Post by Arala Cran on Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:53 pm

I find it a bit questionable that there's news of PSO2 going westward. My feelings are mixed toward this notice, leaning more toward a cringe at the bad it'll bring. I'll cut to the chase for it right now from what I heard from Bumped.org about it and have my own input with it.

Subject: PSO2 is soon going to be westernized.
Platforms Known: PC, Xbox-One (the newer one that is)
Notices: a actual western release, still "free", can "cross-play", has (most of) content from the JP version too

Good: Will be easier to reach and play, will be easier to pay for content and I won't need a phone anymore, more consoles to cover it is nice.

Mixed: This means more western players... account may be different when required. Cross play definition is confusing to some current PSO2 players (will it be with JP and US servers, or do they just mean western on console and PC only? My bet is just console and PC.), will there be EN voiceovers? To also wonder, "most" content is in the incoming US version, but what will they leave out? (looks like stuff from EP1 through 5 are in; Magatsu, Dark Falz, Battleship Yamato, and even that pompous Devil Dragon superboss are there for sure, but EP6 is missing.)

Bad: Western Players will populate it (usually the bad! I've only ever had problems with "fellow" western-speakers in the game, nothing else. They made the game a horrible experience in more than one case, and to dread that there will soon be a place in the game with nothing but EN players is a disaster waiting to happen. This is actually sad news),
Censorship will hurt the game a LOT (I know how those stupid people usually are with that crap!),
Expecting to have to start all over for a EN version (this won't be fun after spending over 7 to 8 years into this good game, just for a **** US release that will have stuff removed and garbage players taking over, ouch! Also I hope they don't do anything to US players in the JP version who still prefer it over what's about to come...),

Mystery Questions and etc.: Is the new-to-arrive Xbox Version truly considered "free"? (no because having to pay for XBLA-Gold and Game Pass together just to consider it free is a whooping ~$120+, lol. Sony did it right when they said the JP version is free as I confirm this having been playing it for a long time already without the use of PSN-Gold mode on a backup-account)
Will it really be worth the go? I doubt it because the "friends" I've had been with there don't (and never will) care about it, nor like it so not sure it'll be worth transferring over. Certain however I will have a go at it and be in there but I won't be with anyone, and since that'll be a EN version and not the JP version, I will certainly not be joining any of their teams or groups as I have a personal grudge toward so-called "fellow" western players/speakers of the game, especially after a nasty sell-out after a recent incident and huge misunderstanding caused from someone earlier the year which was uncalled for had forced me and a few others to take one foul taste of what hate is once again. Due to this trauma, I also won't be that active in the US version/s either unlike the JP version unless I can confirm some myths. I'll be keeping the JP version far more active as usual over the US stuff.

On that note I'll have to hold up differences as I examine this if it actually will exist, these will be for my defense actually:
and that means by treating things the exact opposite of the JP version:

-Many a times have random EN players actually crawled up and threatened me about using open general chat around the JP players, but the natives there didn't actually bother at all... more in fact though either they did respond back friendly or warning me if something I was doing went wrong (i.e: do not keep shocking Dark Falz in his Final "Elder" form or he'll resist it eventually if spamming it on him) or if I told them to do something (like "Wait! Break this boss-monster's parts please!") even in English and they actually did it! Conversely and conclusively, other English speaker players were the only problem to me in PSO2 with a terrible experience of the game, nobody else. If anything they make me feel to do the opposite of their threats; by being open to talk to JP players but secluded and cutting off comms from other EN players, there's no point in talking to EN players unless that's to ask for trouble, so that's the place I'll take their "warnings" against them. When the so-assumed US version is out, I'll be closing them off from talking at me. I also will do my best to avoid letting out any words to them, unless business only or unfriendly because they're not friendly either. I'll try to avoid having autowords in that version; party-only, in where they can't see it anyway.

-The above includes I will abstain from autowords that have warnings about a boss who invaded the area. (which was the only practical use of open-chat autowords anyway)

-if I decide to leave them on anyway (party only), I will not be as friendly or flirty as in the JP version on this one, but more cold and unfriendly as they are. I dislike EN players despite being one, and this is due to many encounters of them. very less than few have been reasonable, and in the US version there will certainly be no reasonable encounters.

-Just like with talking being barred from them, I'll also be locking my ARKS card to private only, but there won't even be much on that version anyway to begin with.

-Since that will be EN territory, it means it's also hostile territory so I won't ever be joining any "teams" there! I'll make one for myself, and only for myself alone in order to prevent being targeted by them pretending to want to add me to their "teams" just to use me like a certain someone did, so they can't add me to theirs.

-I will not allow my NPC-Clone to be recruited by other "players" in the US version.

-Moon Atomizers in the US version will serve as Mag-Food only.

-I won't be joining anyone in parties, and I'll be utilizing password-area lockdown unless for EQs only and even there I won't join parties.

-Players who attempt to use espionage of me by attempting to "adding friend requests" to me will only be greeted with no response and blacklisted on sight if persistent, high chance of just blacklisted quietly with no response anyway. I know how EN players are all too well and I'm not interested. They aren't either and they don't need to use me like a discardable condom for a fourth time. I will not be accepting them in that to-be-seen version due to security reasons.

-Humiliating as it may be, I'll also disable the death-warning icon of even if I take a nasty casualty in this version unlike the JP version where it's left on.

-One little whiff of things going bad in an EQ and I will quit on the spot, no questions.

-For the US version, I will only limit playing that one to a point: Unlocking Hero and Phantom Lord styles. After that, I will stop playing that one as much. I won't be that active in this one unlike the JP version either.

-In the incoming one, I'll only have one account and only a few characters, sadly I may not have premium... or maybe I may.... if I do though, it won't last long because I won't bother with a US version much anyway.

*a worysome bother: So suddenly these "friendly" people are questioning me about the English-Catastrophe version of PSO2, but I don't plan on adding anyone or anything from THAT version to my list. Sad
Arala Cran
Arala Cran
Sexy Shikigami Goddess (Admin)
Sexy Shikigami Goddess (Admin)

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-10-18

Character sheet
Race: Tatari/Replica Tatari/Replica
Personal Title: Scarlet Baron
.: WARNING 0% WARNING 0%

http://heavenlysolace.ucoz.net

Back to top Go down

PSO2 going to the Western Side? Empty Re: PSO2 going to the Western Side?

Post by Alala Kuran on Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:07 pm

......from what I know now, it seems unfortunately they are serious about this little rumor. Well, why I say "Unfortunate"? I stay firm to my complaints in honesty, if anything there's again majorly three problems why I'm cringing at an EN version of PSO2.
In reverse order of the top three issues why I'm kind of sad they decided to do this are,

3: Having to start over. I doubt data from the JP version will carry over completely so just like the different versions of Onigiri and Cosmic Break (which the EN version is dead, sadly... all that progress for nothing!) this means having to endure all the hell I made it through on one end already... once again on the other end now, ouch! Also survival rates of an EN version might not be good either. They had another and it died quickly, this one might not be any better, but certainly can be worse.

2: I don't believe in people. They claim they won't censor or remove anything but knowing the US side, the first thing they'll hit as a censorship are the sexy girl outfits and I don't like the fact they may have a chance to ruin some of my favorite sets/not even add them at all as an excuse of censorship. They already did that to several other previous PS games and the outfits for girls were ruined while several didn't even arrive in the US or the games themselves either at all (like PS-Nova never arrived!) One example is again the Valgiris outfit which was supposed to be in PS-Portable 2 around Emilia's times; they ruined it by adding **** tights on it which took away from half of its charm while in PSO2 (JP version) at first I didn't even care after hearing about it... till I saw they fixed what was ruined and bought it out to its full charm as it was always supposed to be!

but really... 1: It's Origin.... ENGLISH Version! Because it's not the JP version anymore this one will never be the same. Again I emphasize: the only troubles I had with PSO2 were because of things starting with Super Hard and PVP being released is where "game" complaints started coming out of me, but really the real kicker that made me feel that PSO2 had been holding a bad experience in where I actually felt really sad and repulsed were because of various sightings of other EN-speaking "players" that found me. When they found me, I knew things weren't going to be epic anymore and trouble would very soon quickly follow, and it did... painfully. Now an EN-Only version coming up will never be the same; there will be absolutely nothing but trouble from everything that moves and calls itself a "player" (enemy/toublemaking person).

Alala Kuran
Alala Kuran
Dimensional Admin
Dimensional Admin

Number of posts : 2519
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Character sheet
Race: Newman Newman
Personal Title: Crimson-Crystal Core

http://heavenlysolace.ucoz.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Alala Kuran on Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:11 pm

Okay, apparently they've really, actually have gone through with it... it's going to be a thing... wow.

........anyway though confirmed, here's what I know before it starts:

A download begins around February 3 on a Monday from now,
I've already signed up early so I'll have to look...

Actual mess starts around the 7th from there, a Friday around 5:00PM
-they already changed something... (Emergency Quests are poorly dubbed "Urgent Quests", guess pun from Monster Hunter and/or older games) nothing bad there yet...other than that it's still the same 12 player assault mess against a crazy-huge boss.
-Quna is still there singing her feelings out (wonder what happened with her? Does her voice stay the same or did she actually waste time taking an English class and now has two languages mastered? lol)

Their "objective" is to do at least 4 or more "Urgent Quests" (Emergency Quests) in only one day! That's kinda pushing it...
-The charade ends only the next day! Feb.8 at 11:59 at night and it's done-for until whenever they decide to make it an official mess.

Their website opens from the 7th at 10:00 AM.

All I'll get is a Photon Halo set... but whatever. Neutral
* A worrysome case is that there's hear-say about the cap of stuff in that version being terribly low (20!) and there won't be a possibility of using Subclass or anything, I'm not liking that because I remember those days when Emergency Quests were a pain when level was way too low. I know what I'm doing already but still that might not be good in some cases... (and I plan on winging it solo, treating this one the exact opposite of the JP version since of course there already will be one big problematic difference which is unavoidable...) I'm not happy with other EN players since they're always nothing but trouble in my experiences of the game... and since this version is an EN version, I'll be surrounded by nothing but demons. I will trust no one there!
At least one fact is set: I don't need to be forced to actually party up with certain things there because I don't plan on it, not in -this- version at least. In a less antagonizing note, perhaps it'll be almost exactly like the CBT version of PSO2 on the PS4? Hopefully nothing will be censored, but I know how horribly whiners complain against usually the more attractive outfits for girls (I'm one but against censoring "revealing" outfits for them) I'm going but still like said earlier, I won't ever be putting this one over the JP version under any means; I'll not be taking this one as seriously as it either so not being fully dedicated or spending long nights, etc. in the EN version. I stay firm where I say I'll be treating it the exact opposite since it's not the same one. Still, it is worth a look though, and I'll see how far this one goes in a day.

Alala Kuran
Alala Kuran
Dimensional Admin
Dimensional Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alala Kuran on Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:21 pm

Shabbily placed names for their shenanigans over the original are now as followed who are hitlist targets in the test:

Feb-7:
Cradle of Darkness (sounds pretty normal...) - Darker's Den @ 8 - 8:30 PM

10 - 10:30 "Giant Automata: The Awakening" (lol! Well, um... 2B did show up after all actually... guess it makes sense? Laughing )
Lillipia Mech Boss of course...

Feb.8:
7 - 7:30 AM = Cradle of Darkness (might miss this one...)
1 - 1:30 PM = Giant Automata (AKA: Mega Mech Awakening)
5 - 5:30 PM = Cradle of Darkness (last chance)
8:30 - 9:00 = "The Raging Obsidian Arm" (AKA: Falz Arms. Well at least they made it sound a little cooler)
followed up - 9:30 = "Elder of the Unfathomable Abyss" (AKA: Utterly Profound - Last Battle with Dark Falz Elder)

Alala Kuran
Alala Kuran
Dimensional Admin
Dimensional Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alala Kuran on Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:38 pm

It's that week now, just a day before having to go to an unfriendly area of such a good game... and already before it's even open I already caught one nasty, huge negative factor to throw a boot at it! lol!

Notes:
-Opening is still the same, dunno if I caught anything censored with it or not yet, so far nothing different from the usual EP1 opening and such...
-Menu and stuff almost functions exactly the same as the original.

Pros:
-Has window size option in the main menu,
-Has a new mode packed with three different options to change language settings for some stuff which is missing from the original but that's to be expected...
-Has a few better names for some Emergency Quests and bosses that sounds cooler than the translation patch for now.

Cons: This one has only 5 or 6 ships available while the original has 10 (which is like Cosmic Break; EN side has less stuff than the JP version, naturally) *can be moot though, this is only the Demo Beta after all so can't call that something a major killer yet.

Epic Fails: Can't even get past the "Press (A) to start!" menu without being forced to actually pay to play already even for a Closed Beta Test! (A killer, so lie #1 = "the game is free to play!" nope, this myth is busted! It's not free for Xbox players, as it requires XBLA-Gold or Ultimate, not too different from how PSO1 and Universe started off before they became actually free/private in the crappy censored EN side territories!)

--Coming this Friday, I'll be seeing what else they ruined this great game with. In the end if there's still nothing, then there'll only be two things that are to add as a triple-killer, and those will be obvious things: 2: the EN players are bad, and 3: the Progress does not collab with the JP version so this is starting all over again.

Alala Kuran
Alala Kuran
Dimensional Admin
Dimensional Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alala Kuran on Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:19 pm

As I go:
Failure 2 - ONE ship and it got full fast!

Failure 3 - They didn't even bother to translate the text error of 614 "Ship is overcumbered!" from JP to english (lol!)

Failure 4 - They open Ship 2, but now this one defines POOR connection at its finest... there's so many connection errors and lag despite both ships decreased to normal now lol, ouchies! This one disconnects even worse than the God-Awful Nintendey Switch version that at least lets me in on a block for 2 to 4 minutes before disconnecting, jeez!  Suspect  

Change 1- Regis sounds a bit strange speaking EN but close enough to original JP, guess he's finally programed properly lol,
Change 2 - Naberius is now "Naverius"
Change 3 - ???

Similar 2 - Styles are kept in line as Pre-Ep 5, up to Summoner may be selected first, that's quite a variety to choose from...

Alala Kuran
Alala Kuran
Dimensional Admin
Dimensional Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alala Kuran on Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:40 am

Ok so the test ended. So far here's my final results:

Pros (the good):
Multi-language is possible; no taking it back as I said they made the girls' voices for protagonists jarringly annoying (too damn tomboyish, not cute at all) but some are bearable, and it's good to be there and not remove anything.

After opening ship 2; better connectivity. Hardly disconnected, just as badly as the original though where it still however is present. Nothing serious anymore and is not too different from the original.

Player shops offline; just a demo for now. I can care less of the EN version of shops being disabled because I know exactly how nasty these pigs are planning to do with the currency. Glad it was not possible yet.

Higher paying quests (?); not sure but seems some quests in this version gave abnormally far higher EXP and meseta a bit compared to normal.

Mixed (unsure cases):
Some language changes were bugged; not everything changed and there's some clashing, exact copy-pasta from the original,

Voice Control allowed; I'm not a fan of this too much...

No "Smart Inner F" part!; would have angrily shouted that this was the first time censor-lie they did and break the word, but I took it back because I remembered that even in the original JP version either until a certain sexy BA set appeared and it was distributed freely...

Freeze Frames; may have higher rez, but it freezes at times often and it's annoying. Acts like the PC on the Xbox, but could be worse.

Copy-pasta follow-ups; like said, not everything was properly translated yet. Some error codes still are in JP and some of the NPCs still speak in their natural Japanese tones, some not even changed at all. Text for weapons were all a simple, curt little line of text saying "This weapon is in the form of a *what it looks like*." Not too surprised it looks lazily thrown in but they're working on this so it's moot for now.

Cons (the bad and the ugly):
Quna's concert was a spam-mess! Shows my fears of going to the EN version being bad was right! (the worst part of it ever to be honest! about 3 to 4 morons were absolutely annoying as hell and just would NOT SHUT UP!! UGH!!! Complaining )
Worst part of the worst:
And to add out the worst of all the fears, there were about 2 out of those 4 that were just absolutely a living nightmare! It's already bad that there's a chance of 1 to 3 a horrible EN offender will show up at Quna's Concerts in the original JP version but this was just ridiculous! Like said, 2 out of 4 were offensively annoying: such two incarnations of stupidity were offensive enough to spam non-stop including B-S phrases like "Weeb!" or "cum!" or "Astolfo is best gurl!" OMG it was awful! It's so atrocious I hope that the EN version actually adds canned chat during events or something! Jesus!! Pissed off

Few EQs disorganized; many didn't know wtf they were doing in non mega-boss "Urgent Quests", but eventually they got it. I guess many morons didn't even know what the hell to do in EQs due to being actual noobs, no surprise and not actually a solid reason to bash them... yet...

Uncompletable quests; due to some locked features, certain quests were impossible to finish. Also, there were some bugs in a few of the descriptions such as i.e: "Talk to the daily quest giver girl to finish this mission." but it didn't work until actually clearing a daily quest(?) I think... while Old man "Gen" wants you to check the premium AC shop, you can't do it in the CBT demo. I guess this was noticed though, but pesky.

Last record I got (Record of Fight):
Started with - Bouncer.
Ended with - Force (30) X Bouncer (25+), Techer (8+)
*Zero-Deaths play bonus! (lol! *self-applause here! Bravo! )
Yup, went back to being a FONewearl again until the better stuff is back.

Also even if not as Ungodly-Awful as I feared, I will certainly not ever put this version over the original JP version, and I will keep my data away from society in that one. Not changing my word, despite I might check on it every now and then. Like I say and will say again: the PLAYERS hurt the game. They're bad enough in the JP version already but this one will be a mess, and having to start over is already a issue that is unavoidable so that's that. The two will never be the same.

Alala Kuran
Alala Kuran
Dimensional Admin
Dimensional Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum