None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 100 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:43 am
Counter System

My views: PSO2 - JP vs NA versions

Go down

My views: PSO2 - JP vs NA versions Empty My views: PSO2 - JP vs NA versions

Post by Alala Kuran on Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:57 pm

FO-Newearl : Ok well, here's a more thoroughly review from me about the two now since they're the same yet actually different simultaneously as I go to both. I'll save some notes at the end.

This will be set in a weird formation of  "Both", "Positive of (1)", "Positive of (2)", "Drawback of (2)", and "Drawback of (1)"; JP being (1), and NA being (2) if this makes sense.

Versions Difference:
PSO2 JP -
Pros:
Is at Episode 6 already,
Stays up to date actively,
Level Cap is currently 95 of everything,
Can trust few friends,
Quiet and fairly friendly community,
On almost everything = PS4, PC, Nintendy Switch...
Treasure Shop (can find very few lost items),
During Campaigns and such = Going with other players is usually optional (and rare) but can deal with most stuff alone,
Has lots of cool and sexy outfits,
Players in concert area events are less prone to being annoying (save for EN invaders),
Never saw a single "bot" (spam-player thing) to this day yet,
Has an option while starting a quest to disband "party" after an area run clear/failure,
Has bonus keys for stages that makes getting great EXP, Star Gems, and fair items easier,
Is uncensored, original, and at its best,
Item info is properly detailed (but in JP. Translation methods still do work nicely too though),
Allows one to move his/her characters to another ship... at a price,
has Hero, Phantom, and Etoile superior styles to put up a better fight for those who have even bad luck at least,
Crafting equipment is possible here,
isn't focused on forcing players into groups too much,
Characters' voices vary accordingly and are well-done: can be from cute, cool, sexy, to just plain weird, or hilarious!

Drawbacks:
Language Barrier,
Ridiculous Difficulty,
Playershop Pricing = "~Teen of ~Ty"-Millions,
Losing Vita capability...,
Not on Xbox,
Payment Method is tricky yet possible for AC stuffs,
Allows men to cross-dress,
Has PVP in it,
"Expert Requirement" locking,
Items from Treasure shop for 2nd chance are always non-pay kinds, and less,
Area is affected by Corona Virus and causes major setbacks for actual ARKS staff to produce less content for a long time,
Events are dead for now,

PSO2 NA -
Pros:
No Language Barrier,
More options,
On Xbox,
"Fresh Finds" makes it easier to find some "lost" items (?),
Payment Method for AC stuffs is far easier and convenient,
has an exclusive Xbox Player OU outfit part,
Playershop Pricing (yet) = "~teen" Million is worst for now,
Apparently doesn't have PVP yet,
Has EN and JP voices possible,
Has a new "Missions Tier" mode to get some items (too much like Dauntless),
Items from "Fresh Finds" sometimes bring "lost" premium items back/out of hiding easier,
Has a few other exclusive items to this version never seen before (but that is few indeed, and doesn't mean really good),
AC Pricing is not too different from the JP prices,
      *temporary edit
Has active events at the time

Drawbacks:
Is Early-EP4'ish,
Not on anything else (yet. PC was rumored to be next in line some time in May?),
Behind date (still a demo/beta),
Level Cap is back down to 75,  
Community is trash and rude,
Can trust NO-ONE (EN Territory!),
Bots already sighted (no, I don't mean the Casts... I mean actual "Bot" players),
During Campaigns and such = Too focused on "join an alliance (team)!" and socializing with other "players" too much compared to original counterpart,
Lacking in outfits (as of yet?),
No Hero, Phantom, Etoile, or Dark Blast yet, (Super-crippled!)  
No Bonus Keys (harder to level up alone and no good chance of getting fair items or any SG),
Players in concert area events are prone to being excruciatingly offensive and irritating to no end, unlike in the original counterpart,
Option in starting quest to remove party has been replaced with a "voice chat focus" option instead,
Has some censoring in ways, unoriginal,
Item info is lazily descriptive (simple, but shows no care was put into development as of yet),
    *edit additions-
Emphasized: Concerts are a nightmare! Complaining
No blacklist to shut annoying "players" up! (Epic fail!)
Extra-Hard difficulty is still around and is the highest (unforgiving compared to original)
No "move this character to another ship" function if landed on the wrong one,
Voice acting is.... well, for boys they sound kind of better or odd, but for girls only NPCs sound better while protagonist girls' voices are atrociously awful!
Lack of voice ticket mods (for now?)

Continued in Post 2--

Last edited by Alala Kuran on Sat May 30, 2020 10:37 pm; edited 2 times in total

Alala Kuran
Alala Kuran
Dimensional Admin
Dimensional Admin

Number of posts : 2519
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Character sheet
Race: Newman Newman
Personal Title: Crimson-Crystal Core
.: WARNING 0% WARNING 0%

http://heavenlysolace.ucoz.net/

Back to top Go down

My views: PSO2 - JP vs NA versions Empty Re: My views: PSO2 - JP vs NA versions

Post by Alala Kuran on Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:31 pm

--from earlier, here's more detailed stuff again.

Other differences to note:

Maintenance Mode-
PSO2 JP -
Maintenance Time is by PST almost every Tuesday around 6:00 PM (evening) to ~12:00 AM (midnight) / 7:00 PM to 1:00 AM (DST weirdness) unless something is big or emergency check.

PSO2 NA -
Maintenance Time is... not really well-known to me yet for this one, but might still be every Tuesday(?)

Daily Quests & Missions Roster compare & contrast Example(s):
Let's say a 50+'ish FONewearl took this stuff for herself...
JP - 1: Beat any Generic Quest (explore, ARKS quest, Limited rare quest) on Super (STUPID) Hard level or higher once with or without players/NPCs with Rank-S clear,
2: Drink any priced med from the medical terminal/lady upon entering any stage,
3: Eat/Use a booster item (i.e: EXP +50%, or some of Matoi's cooking that adds +10% all stats) upon entering any stage,
4: Complete any single "Daily Order" from the quest lady near the gate (even if holding a late one off till tomorrow or one already done from yesterday, lol),
5: Just press button to grab your free Tokyo Silver Route Bonus key for finishing all 4 other stuffs!

NA-
...having to start over and lost her power, the FONewearl is reduced to around 30+'ish,
1: Clear any Generic Quest (same like in JP: any explore, ARKS quest, Limited rare quest) on Very Hard once with or without any player/NPC,
2: complete any single "Daily Order" (same NPC with the big roster in the same place she is),
3: Trigger a Gather Frenzy Fever mode via collecting
4: Send a "Like" to another PLAYER,
5: Finish everything to get a *Boost Item

Note: Basically it's almost the same but there's one big difference. The JP version is best and I'm used to it. As one can see, there is no situation saying "you must interact with another player!" compared to the NA version... and at least she got a Bonus Key to use for herself, even if it's not so great. Not in NA version though.

Weekly Quests & Missions differences Example(s):
Let's show the same girl for examples once more and what's on her "to-do" list...
JP-
1: Finish up 15 Daily Missions in total for a Gold Tokyo Rank Key!
2: Run any Time Attack area under STUPID Hard level or higher difficulty (since 50+) for a bonus 405K Meseta!
3: Use the Recycle Swap Shop once for EXP and an Extra Life (Half-Scapedoll)!
4: Clear orders to rake in 200K Meseta to get 1M More meseta and a chunk of EXP!
5: Upgrade any NT Type weapon of your choice for an additional 200K meseta and some EXP!

NA-
1: Finish up 10 Daily Orders for some Meseta, EXP, and a Affix Booster...
2: Clear any Advance Quest for some Meseta and EXP.
3: Use the Recycle Swap Shop once for an Extra Life and some EXP.
4: Clear orders and get paid 100K to get 600K more with some EXP!
5: Finish up 15 Daily Missions in total for a Tri-Booster 100%.

Note: Not too different apparently but with a nasty catch: There's NO BONUS KEYS so that's not good! This can't be helped though because they neglect it for now, might be subject to change later?

Overall: the Daily Missions roster sucks in the NA version forcing someone to have to interact with other "players" which can open a bag of risks, and the current lack of Bonus Keys is quite a cringe. Even for Weekly stuffs being almost exactly the same as the original JP version, there's still that one nasty lack of bonus keys as a groove-breaker. Already was kind of bad enough having a severe vs fair chance to end up with debris of items instead of a bonus key, let alone any Gold key (Rappy Nest and Tokyo are best. Magatsu's keys suck, but are good for SG. Gold is his best but also 2nd most dangerous of Bonus Keys if you don't know what you're doing with the Armored Core: A.I.S units, and lethal if you don't even use one at all) but the NA version just plain strips that away completely, making the roster virtually have no use.

Last opinion:
Still like I said at first, there's only four things that hurt the game and affects both.

High Difficulty is a pain to bitch about and I don't give a damn what any masochistic morons hold arrogant disagreements, when SH crap started up was when I knew things gone bad...

The "Players" of EN territory are what hurts the game the worst of all. Already a bad experience encounter in the JP version when I was "found" in which I knew things were all done-for but foolishly played along and paid the price of being overtrusting yet again, three times. The thing that hurts even more is that staff of the NA version are seriously trying to force the "work with others" crap in the way lately... and a LOT at that to really drop the low-blow in, ouch. While I have very few friends there, the outcome of the EN version is obvious. I stand against this because I know the risks that await.
Not in a million years! Never! Never again! I hate the way this is going!
Problem 3 is naturally due to not being in the same place, progress is null, and having to demote back to weak types isn't feeling right to me.

The fourth thing is also to not trust the words they say of "it's still uncensored" but it is true, why? They didn't "censor" it true that, but avoided certain things due to regional differences, clever... Of course though this could partially be due to still being in Beta Mode but I won't get my hopes up, or be that active/serious in the NA version.

Alala Kuran
Alala Kuran
Dimensional Admin
Dimensional Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alala Kuran on Tue May 26, 2020 5:12 pm

A new problem I noticed as something is amiss:

Mixed note- JP version has a Blacklist function. As expected, it blocks something you consider an enemy. If they behave you can take them back off.

Bad note- NA version doesn't have a Blacklist function at all! There's no way to bar someone off you don't like!

Well, as for notice this is still more of a bad thing! While yes there's problems with having a blacklist around as I can understand but some people are jerks who misunderstand things and value deception over friendship and etc. and to be trolls, so it has to be used at times sadly, it's there for a reason. The NA version stupidly canned the function and that's actually the more proper place that requires the blacklist function as EN players usually spell trouble on approach, especially in large gatherings such as concerts and abusing workers of a team then to just throw the victim who did hard work away like a used condom (not even a dildo).

I expect the excuse of fools to stupidly can-off the blacklist function is because:
1: "duuuuuuu, it'll cause dorauma.... herpty derp..."
2: they were aware that there may be people who prefer to make absolute sure nothing dares feign trying to be "friendly" and attempt to blacklist those trolls for their own safety and they don't approve of that,
3: on the other hand there are others who will simply blacklist everything that moves for *x* reason/s, again they are against that,
4: they're too focused on the exact opposite; wanting people to gather in mass groups instead of winging it solo... (this, I actually am against since in JP version one may trust few, but in NA version one may trust absolutely no one and nothing else period)

I say it was a selfish, and actually kind of rude choice to disable the blacklist function *Facepalm!*

Voice change cringe:
The denizens of "Worpal" have suffered a extremely ...helium voice change! They no longer sound like they way they do in the JP version but extremely high-pitched! (Okay...? I understand they're small, but... a fine "WTF?!?" moment as I prefer them to sound more serious as they did... compared to the EN difference; it's the exact reverse of what they did to Ratchet & Clank, lol!) Suspect

Alala Kuran
Alala Kuran
Dimensional Admin
Dimensional Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alala Kuran on Sat May 30, 2020 10:05 pm

...ok, broken oath. Well, now I actually am in one there but there's a problem also detected from this as well; there is no "Move character to another ship" option yet! This meant I had to lose more AC just to make yet another appearance... and was crippled even further, now without items and loss of progress. It was an unforgiving "start" while at that to boot. *Facepalm!*

Alala Kuran
Alala Kuran
Dimensional Admin
Dimensional Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down