Heavenly Solace: Shikigami Force MKII
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there is 0 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 296 on Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:44 am
Counter System

New Genesis is out!

Go down

New Genesis is out! Empty New Genesis is out!

Post by Alala Kuran Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:51 pm

Talking some stuff here a bit about New Genesis, which is a replacement of PSO2 and more than just calling it "Episode 7"! I'm a bit busy as of late so I don't expect much of here anymore but I'll be leaving this here and taking a look every so few months when I can get a good chance before leaving again so I'll leave this a bit short.

There's first the notes of Pros and Cons as usual I'd start with. This time I'll start with the bad first since it's quite an impact...
The Cons:
1- VPN is now required to play, and this leaves a huge disadvantage. I do understand this is logical for usual first-day launches since NGS was highly anticipated and people were certainly waiting to get at this change out of curiosity, so many that the ships would have all been full as usual when every massive change to PSO2 is taking place, along with new servers and all, but this is quite a pain for those who actually do enjoy the game from the JP side but aren't actually over there. To get around, a recommended VPN to get in via PC the easiest, but paid service, is maybe Ivacy, but expect a lot of disconnecting. I hope this lightens up in the not so far future. Conversely, the "other" version is easier to get in, but I don't recommend going to that one, at all.

2- PSO2's blocks have greatly reduced in number; guess Oracle Fleet ships have gotten far more compact in size now as there's now less than 10 for all ships anymore; this affects both sides.

3(moot)- NA version still sucks. Bots still are on the rampage, and the "people" are still all freaks one should never approach. Still incompetent, bossy, impudent and rude as ever and spouting toxic. Only use they have are to fight bosses. You'll regret it if accept sneaky deceitful "requests" from that side, you have been warned.

The Pros:
1-Dual-Release happened in-sync this time; this means NGS has released at the exact same day for both sides, so no longer are the games actually where one is far ahead/behind the other. (however this doesn't make much a difference for previous progression)

2- "Basic" PSO2 still exists; it's actually not gone for good, surprisingly, and events still do go on there every now and then. (just don't expect too much there anymore)

3- Gameplay is improved a lot; characters can move way faster and gain almost big-air, and can do Skyrim cliff-climbing (lol) without the fall damage, have plenty of room to explore, and at least 75% of all "class" styles have improved a lot, even the ones I dislike (I'm still cringing at you Fighter & Gunner!) actually have better meaning and are deemed worthy of attention every now and this time much better than basic PSO2.

4- Mass binomes! I so far can see but imagine like in Terraria with this--
we have: Grassy Plains, Forest, Desert (next!), Tundra (eventually), Volcanic Belt (also seen in the distance), Digital Space (the Coccoons for training zones)....

5- Better class control for most of the part; more specific at that point now, admittedly I still dislike the ones I don't like compared to Force as I'm a FONewearl, but this version at least makes my usual bad luck of getting **** Fighter/Gunner/Hunter/Ranger spam weapon drops vs a Force never being able to get desirable FO weapons when needed at least back-seat quality useful in where they actually can be used. While at it, the bad styles this time actually have some improvements (except Gunner...) with a few drawbacks but more positives for sure! Fighter actually moves much faster and has extended combos now with a purpose, while Ranger has full Auto-Fire mode... while moving! Other melee enthusiastic classes also have more combos too, up to my favorite being able to combat from the air as well for a very long time if I know what I'm doing.

6- Some animals are actually friendly! This also includes Rappies being even cuter, they can sing as usual but this time in unison and do a new melody, and they even wave at you to greet or say goodbye, and they still do wear different seasonal outfits for the occasion too! This is where "Emergency! Code: Capture!" would have been useful like in Monster Hunter / PS-Nova...

7- Did I say "aerial combat"? Yes and it's actually good for almost everything this time, let alone moving around on the ground is better too and not as stiff or slow. People can gain big heights almost as good as Ragnarok Odyssey! While not as good as Dragonball/Zone of the Enders in staying on the ground or air at will, or like Cosmic Break in being able to gain height very easily for really long periods of time (well, they are bots after all and Casts aren't exactly from the "Cosmic" Ark here) or Touhou, this is still actually suitable for me (and the protagonist I go as mostly as she fights from the air with magic as usual, lol, death from above, cowards! Close enough. Wink )

I'm curious about: a water area? maybe what's the DOLLs' terrirtory? a Mecha Base? will there be a creepy place? lol lots I want to see! (there's notes of different planets ahead too!)

Last edited by Alala Kuran on Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Alala Kuran
Alala Kuran
Dimensional Admin
Dimensional Admin

Number of posts : 2541
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Character sheet
Race: Newman Newman
Personal Title: Crimson-Crystal Core
.: WARNING 0% WARNING 0%

http://heavenlysolace.ucoz.net/

Back to top Go down

New Genesis is out! Empty Re: New Genesis is out!

Post by Alala Kuran Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:02 pm

Update! Let's not be all in the clouds, there's some storms up there too actually.....

The Cons:
VPN is required to play the JP version, this is detrimental especially to consoles so PS4 (and now PS5) is out of the window for now till they decide to lower it back to normal which is TBA... ouch. (the "other" side is open freely but is filled with unfriendly demons which is to be treated the exact opposite of the JP version; no socializing, no talking in open, no exposed cards, no joining teams, no "requests" or sending any unless you want a deathwish and are very stupid compared to a pea-brained animal.

Gigantix Monster Bosses on the prowl in thunderstorm rain are just useless terror and cannot be tracked by basic Radar means unless you're already too late, and will ruthlessly annihilate you in one swat like in a horror movie on mere sight if below Lv-20 (and 75% chance they still will even if lv-20+ anyway!)

The already-noted field "Veteran"/"Dreaded" bosses will no longer take any damage if you're severely below level par and if you hit them anyway, others will steal your credit if you are low-level and they are not (so supporting other players is discouraged) and if you get trolled, you're hosed. Even more painful is since some of them have a warrant on head, if some jerk/s was/were just slaughtering them and you show up at the wrong time needing to deal with at least one, well you can kiss your day goodbye because they're gone for much too long so you can guess you've lost your chance.

The Targeting is the modern turkey system styled miss-aim kind that prefers to do what it wants instead of what you want which leaves you in a very nasty pinch in deep combat zako-mobs while aiming for a boss's core, and perhaps is the biggest problem I am usually bitching about because it oft times got me into a lot of pointless trouble aiming for a boss's weakspot but it decided to pick a pesky little Lizard Frey at a very long distance away instead and then the boss recovers and counter-attacks, ouch! While there's two types of targeting currently for the new game, and the first one already is this awful for me unlike basic PSO2 which was kind of bad but not terrible, Type-2 is even worse! This is perhaps the largest Con that deducts major points from my rating of this great game for now in terms of legit calling out the game's flaws, even on a good computer when using one.

Computer requirements aren't merciful, if you don't have a strong PC, you're not getting in this game anymore, unlike basic PSO2 which was fair to good requirements. You'd have to move on to newer heavy hardware by now, even for the unorthodox version of New Genesis.

Stripped content for now TBA; there's no personal room, no team room, and no way to summon your NPC Doppelganger/Friends for back-up anymore, also no way to exchange new SG-Badges after consecutive failures (like no way for me to get rid of those stupid 98 same-in-a-row MALE outfits and voices nuking my inventory while SG scratch blatantly avoids giving girls anything sexy who need the right things.)

Basic PSO2 is still around (2); Prices are still as awful as in Elsword NA around exceeding 600M+ to billions, no more content will ever be released for that side, and ship blocks have massively reduced! (there's only 6 regular, 1 battle, 1 challenge, unsure if shared ships are possible either)... and also basic PSO2's Oracle Fleet no longer give reasonable bonuses via logging in on that side of the game so it's pointless.

You can't pet the animals or capture the non-hostile ones, you can't pet the cats in the city area anymore... and you can sadistically torture Rappies with all elements and see them suffer.... while they do nothing in turn but have to flee. Feels bad. Also already friendly owned PSO2 Pets do not carry over either...

Alala Kuran
Alala Kuran
Dimensional Admin
Dimensional Admin

Number of posts : 2541
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Character sheet
Race: Newman Newman
Personal Title: Crimson-Crystal Core
.: WARNING 0% WARNING 0%

http://heavenlysolace.ucoz.net/

Back to top Go down