Heavenly Solace: Shikigami Force MKII
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 296 on Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:44 am
Counter System

Current NGS Styles opinion (after March of 2022)

Go down

Current NGS Styles opinion (after March of 2022) Empty Current NGS Styles opinion (after March of 2022)

Post by Alala Kuran Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:19 am

Arala Cran : Okay so here's how I feel about the new changes and my new viewpoint of what classes suit me (not anyone else. I've been asked so that's why I'm now leaving this somewhere for now) in the game's latest side, this will include both pros and cons, and do know everything is there with at least some purpose so nothing will be ignored.

PSO2's latest update for New Genesis Style Class Combat so far is with the following:
Hunter, Fighter, Ranger, Gunner, Force, Techer (now called "Tetcher" instead), Braver, and Bouncer are all that exist for now yet.
Still missing Summoner, Hero, Phantom, Etoile, and Luster.

My order of combat descending from best to worst is changed to this now-

-The Best-
1: Force = Prime. Nothing else tops it for my feel.
Pros:
More natural to me,
fair to good Technic Damage (though enemies are still too strong...),
Stops jerks in their tracks at rare moments with elemental blights if peppered enough (doesn't seem too different from before when it started),
supports other players by Area Heal (limited times, stupid change I still say...),
Elemental Bullet skill makes it much easier to stack in combos and shut bosses up at times,
Compound Technics are back! (Altered badly, but still extremely helpful!) They stack in place like a Bomb at least up to 2 and are good to pull out when I can't do damage enough as a counter-bomb like in a SHMUP (can't do two of the same, but can chain-circus attack one after the other) - Fomegion became Hades Sword and triggers instant Tri Megid Spheres stocked risky for one slash and a long time to activate but hurts for 2K+ minimum damage, Zandion became a Dragonball styled "Meteor Combination" in angrily tracking an locked-on enemy down (or can be aimed if not locked on) and beating the living $#!% out of them on contact while partially invincible then bombarding with a smaller thunderstorm, Bardion became a massive Gravitational Holy-Ice Bomb instead of divine twin blades...
*Can get all three of these for free too! Neat! (no more "Oh you Forces and Techers can't do damage, haha!" bullcrap)

Cons:
PP drains too damn quickly for me when having to use the other elements and especially when enemies start to become annoyingly strong and in big groups,
PP converter helps but hurts me,
*(talk about now literally confirming the comparative notes of Force vs Techer like Black Mage vs White Mage...),
Can't "buff" others anymore still...
*nothing else bad really

2: Techer = 2nd Queen of the Order, usually best and is a must-be when I do runs with groups (which is JP version only, I don't and never will go with anything that moves on "Global" because weak does not = stupid and gullible Pissed off .......unless it's a face that I know quite well and/or go with on both versions a lot.) knowing that I'm more of the Defensive-Type

Pros:
Has Shifta + Deband on one tab (but has major cons as a drawback!),
also has Etoile's "Overemphasis" (renamed) skill that can cheat through a pesky "No healing allowed!" crap rule for self and friends by healing anyway and setting peeps into Overdrive,
also shares Compound Technic stock-bomb spells! yay! cheers
still has fairly good Technic damage (not as much as Force in my case),
still can Area-Heal all peeps,

Cons:
No Elemental Bullet,
Shifta+Deband is a "combat skill" and suffers a brutal 30+ sec. penalty at the start of a round and takes just as/slightly more long to recast,
Not as powerful as Force in offensive departments and can't exactly cause as many elemental blights either but still can, and will,
Shifta+Deband will be useless if this style is as a Subclass...
*nothing else much of a problem.

-The Good Runners-

3: Bouncer = Good for melee combos and some technic use still but.... bottom of the best technic user type styles

Pros:
Has use of Jet boots + Dual Swords and they look nice,
Dual Swords kind of going like Kirito's swordplay are leaning more to Etoile moves with a few twists to not be as strong but can mix-up unexpected surprises,
Jet Boots are more power-focused this time (could possibly be a high-technic damager contender for Technic weapons yet still packs almost as much nasty melee damage as well too),
seems to have a very high chance at infecting with Elemental Blights and knock-downs out of most stuff I know (?),
looks fancy to use at times,
Still can use Technics (only one weapon),
Certain skills can infect bosses for others to have increased blight chance/damage/knockdown chances as well,
Dual Swords shoot Soul Blades at enemies while not actually looking aggressive just like Vergil from Devil May Cry, lol!
Good for combos at a point,
highly mobile (fastest moving class in the game for me right now even),

Cons:
Not supportive on other terms,
doesn't have big attacks that hurt,
Jet Boots are tricky to use,
Dual Swords are especially more tricky to use,
Not really good against super-strong opponents (i.e: Gigantix Bosses at Rank2+)
PP charge is bad and drains quickly,
New Skill is medicore at most but not worthless (unless my usual bad luck curse of never getting any good weapons with it is making it look and feel weak?)

4: Hunter = Good for having a thicker hide, mostly...? Last of my favored styles.

Pros:
Has Guts Ability "Iron Will" (like in Monster Hunter, Guts makes it impossible for stupid 1-hit fart bosses to rudely kill you at first),
also has Super Armor "Massive Hunter" (no more flinching to a stupid pesky-ass gunner enemy being a pest trying to interrupt!),
has a lot of weapons to add to the arsenal,
Swords hit hard sometimes rarely deck for 4-digit damage,
Partisans are excellent for recovering out of "Black-Barred" (Zero-PP) status, even as a sub-weapon to another weapon (i.e: Rod + Partisan = Scythe) when stuck in a nasty predicament and the jerk in my way knows and doesn't want to keep social distancing properly,
perhaps the only class that allows at least one skill usable to any other when as a sub (just like in 'O2),
extended combo attacks up to 5+ hits that sometimes hurt,
can jeer enemies away from trolling and bullying others with a certain skill,

Cons:
Guts does not carry over as a sub to anything else,
extended combos for hunter-specific weapons are useless when as a sub because removed,
can't jeer enemies away with that specific skill being a main-only either,
Wired Lances are not that strong,
PP also runs out really fast and doesn't recover easily (i.e: too easy to get "Black-Barred"!),

-And then there's the other half...-

5: Braver = The 1st "Selfish" class...

Pros:
Has one weapon for close and another for slightly-far ranges and both look fancy,
Bows can hit fairly good and at almost at any range (?),
Katanas can slightly stop crowds if surrounded and used properly(?) from several 360* attacks,
has a Ukemi-Heal that can actually overheal cheap "knockdown" hits if not painful enough,

Cons:
Is a selfish lot that does not support players from any of its skills in any way that I know... yet,
doesn't hit as hard as in 'O2 here,
has zero-defense, one hit hurts like a bitch, ouch!,
PP runs out really fast with this too,
*is my least-of-the-worst set, so have to "get gud" eventually and isn't the most hated of all things.

6: Ranger = Snob without a BFG yet. Sometimes "playful" in bad ways.

Pros:
Rifles are now Full-Auto or single shoot-to-kill,
Launchers now have installed Lasers, Sticky Mines, and Mobile Swarmer Beams, and look cool when others are using 'em,
Weak Bullet shows up for everyone of where to hit next where it slightly hurts more,
pop-shots can keep PP at a fair standing(?),
naturally has fair accuracy hence its name and can hit fairly fast,
Has skills that are supposed to mitigate foul status fartz from the enemies a bit(?),

Cons:
Weak Bullet isn't as powerful as in 'O2,
It's also a Main-Only thus useless as a sub,
Launchers don't exactly feel like a BFG yet,
class doesn't actually do much damage for me,
*had a lot of rude experiences from other users of this class (trauma),
*enemies "skillfully" use it a lot against me and are very annoying,
Rangers can play the "WB-Game" at times during boss battles and this gets really annoying!! Pissed off (bad placement!)
Doesn't have good defense (better to shoot & scoot, I'd say)

7: Fighter = .................

Pros:
Fist weapons now have slightly better coverage, almost feeling like back in the day, (far much better than in 'O2!)
has a nice arsenal of multiple weapons as well (stretched fact),
Twin Daggers are stylish for almost infinite combos and high hit combo rate,
Has a fair damage rate and good combo rate mixed together,
Has a slight chance of knocking bosses down (?),
Has skill stats that make it easier to bully enemies that are knocked down(?),

Cons:
Another selfish class that does absolutely no support for friendlies nearby whatsoever,
the Double-Blade is still tricky to use (at least better than 'O2),
New skills suck at most and are nothing impressive (some moves from before are nerfed!),
has very low defense (almost like Braver),
*also had encountered rude players of this category (mostly complainey, whiny kinds),
burns PP quickly (but it IS a "Fighter" lol) so have to be accurate to counter this,
* not my favorite style but still holds some heart, I guess... much better than it used to

Biggest Loser: Gunner = The Jester-King of Absolute Failure. Total Zako.

Pros:
Has Twin Machineguns and a fancy dodge,
also allows Rifle use with Full Auto still in tact,
Chain Trigger from PS-Zero is usable,
Has skills that are supposed to counter PP loss(?)
*nothing else good to note

Cons:
has absolutely Zero-Defense (weakest of all, easily prone to die in one hit),
this class does no damage for me (weakest of everything I've ever seen in NGS),
is no different much from 'O2 except I assume easier aerial movement (? ....could even be wrong about that),
is yet another selfish class, unlike Ranger this one does not share the weakpoint hit bonus with anyone nor supports any other players from any shared benefits period,
is the most useless-appearing class in the game,
damage even seen from other players using it in my view isn't high at all, only enough to keep a steady annoyance but never jeer attention of bosses or zako running amok the field,
*has the most encounters of the most rudest "players" using this class,
Regular enemies using this style are annoying,
*Bosses using this style are super-annoying,
has gotten me the highest death rate in the game when not actually in something that's actually built to be a pain in the ass,
is pretty much my most hated, last-resort of choice if nothing else can be leveled (still has nominal use, maybe)
Alala Kuran
Alala Kuran
Dimensional Admin
Dimensional Admin

Number of posts : 2566
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Character sheet
Race: Newman Newman
Personal Title: Crimson-Crystal Core
.: WARNING 0% WARNING 0%

http://heavenlysolace.ucoz.net/

Back to top Go down

Current NGS Styles opinion (after March of 2022) Empty PSO2NGS "fair" Steam Review drop

Post by Alala Kuran Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:21 pm

Okay so this is what I'll leave as my final review of this side of the game, and open on steam but barred from any stupid "comments" because I'm done with everyone's B-S.

I'll still recommend it, but it's 55 points.

Recommended 55 points over 45.

To leave a fair review of this game and my verdict to recommend it is still a yes, I'll try to keep it simple enough.
It's not exactly super-different from its -real- (Japanese) counterpart, but here's what I feel.

The "greater" good:
-It's mechanically superior to the original for a few hat-tips; for one, it's still cross-play across all its possible platforms, and setting up one's data to connect isn't exactly too difficult.
-Making payments is easier here as well on each of the platforms (save I can't mention for a basic Windows Store type or Epic Games type, this is coming for the steam version).
-This version was also the first to have introduced "Mission Pass" mode which gives players prizes for some effort that aren't exactly easy to find, and can add more to where that came from if boosted from Gold Pass.
-Finally there's the fact that this version is bi-lingual for both JP & EN voices which means there's a few more options (but this has a drawback, will be explained soon.)
-This version has some things somewhat easier on a few cases and have less requirements in some access than the original version; there's currently no "expert" title requirements, so one doesn't have to feel left out if not exactly good enough.

Naturally, this version however does have drawbacks compared to the real version so not everything is better...

The "worst" bad:
-If someone was a veteran JP version player, be prepared to have to start from ground-zero because your data does not carry over and is not shared. For some who didn't keep an eye on it, you have a lot of work to do... and that won't be fun if you spent a long time in on it. If you didn't start on since the regular 'O2 side, well that stuff will have to be done again, despite both versions of New Genesis (we call "NGS" around here for short) started at the same time but was also the first time when the "real" side isn't exactly easy to get back into anymore.
-While overtime playershop prices have started getting a nasty inflation of prices vs nice items in the real (JP) version, expect those prices in this version to be multiplied much worse, if not exponentially increased. Good luck trying to get stuff from these "sellers".
-(My own problem) On the JP side, people are alright with you letting loose to a bit as long as you don't go too far on your appeal, but this version is the exact polar opposite: a stiff-necked community. Accept "parties", "friend requests", or joining "alliances" (teams) carefully at your own risk. Hopefully your experience won't be like mine...
-While peeps on the real version are somewhat slow on the uptake but eventually get a 40% chance to take down intense Mega-Bosses such as Dark Falz in his Aegis Armor with a very small chance of causing a Meltdown-Kill as well at least, don't expect this version to be able to win; be prepared for high chances of group-wipes, Rangers who don't use Weakener-Bullets on his weak spots to support, or quitters disappearing suddenly.
-While said: the game is bi-lingual and the male voices are more overall better with few exceptions (for both NPCs and Protagonist boys), the Protagonist girls' voices are subpar to almost downright horrible compared to the real version, and at that note, not every voice was on this version that is in the original either (such as the one I'd like was "censored" as being left out, so I had to have a rough time adapting to a lesser one instead. Subject moot due to mayhap chance future content could possibly bring some in, until then this is a thing.)
-When they said things wouldn't be censored, it was not exactly true.
-Some complications on other devices half bust the myth that this game is not exactly free, but this version for Steam at least actually is confirmed true.

Aside of these, most of the game is no different from its real counterpart. My last verdict is 55 over 45 points: Yes. Give it a go, and enjoy the most of it.
Alala Kuran
Alala Kuran
Dimensional Admin
Dimensional Admin

Number of posts : 2566
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Character sheet
Race: Newman Newman
Personal Title: Crimson-Crystal Core
.: WARNING 0% WARNING 0%

http://heavenlysolace.ucoz.net/

Back to top Go down