Heavenly Solace: Shikigami Force MKII
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 296 on Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:44 am
Counter System

(Major) The Fall of Unity Project

Go down

(Major) The Fall of Unity Project Empty (Major) The Fall of Unity Project

Post by Alala Kuran Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:11 pm

Alrighty, so I've been hearing quite a bit of controversy about bigwig Unity Project. I've heard not-nice things of them lately... peeps say that the workers of Unity have been set on a very unprofessional idea of now setting prices on everyone; devs and players alike, starting Jan-1 of 2024 to charge everyone for installing things and even re-installing stuff. Pretty stupid tbh, illogical, and selfish too. I've no idea WTF their trigger of this was... and I won't lie, at first I didn't quite believe it since it sounded far too ridiculous of a choice for a few seconds, but later on when I started finally seeing way too many peeps who used stuff made from them who I know, including family and then down to even others such as major companies getting pissed off about this, it started to now bother me and I admit now I'm complaining about it too because for one side note, JP programmers use it lots and some heavy-paying stuff like Koikatsu that have sold off of the engine heavily rely on Unity. And putting the two together... I use Koikatsu quite a lot lately.

What will this mean for all Koi-koi users? Will updates be a thing? If it's so easy to mess up on just one little mod for it and having to wipe the entire mod set for the game out just to get stuff in Chara-Studio to work as intended for certain scene files is this bad already, then I could dread having to do one measly update/fix each time with Unity doing this spoof... I don't see myself using Koikatsu/Sunshine or other games from Illusion so often anymore when bored, sadly. This hit me hard when I started to think about it and noticed that CharaStudio is Unity-Engine based, and how often I use it... And don't even get me started on so many other games I've got not even of a similar use yet also are Unity-based... oh boy. Speaking of which, this also lead me to an impasse of what to do when I had one other game in mind with IllusionSoft; I wanted to get Honey Select 2: Libdo, but noticing it's a slightly more realistic-looking counterpart of Koikatsu, that means it's also Unity-Engine based, which means if they're serious about their fooling around and really have the gall to start charging "Per-Install/Per-Reinstall" well then that's going to hurt a lot! Now I have to second-guess about getting that as part of the collection and that's some shattered hopes, and is leaning to "no I can't.." ouch. That wasn't a smart choice. While I'm weak and somewhat forgiving/willing to give even some nasty aggressors one last chance to repent, others aren't like me out there.

Still, I'll leave this here anyway: "Unity, scratch that idea before you become a target of memes and corruption, seriously. You didn't have to do this and too many peeps had faith in you."

Major companies and developers left their thoughts about that response from Unity alright, and they're not having even an inch of it even if they did scratch the idea. I can't blame them on that. Due to that having happened even if currently a threat already pissed lots of peeps off enough to have to move from one engine to another, and me being a amateur developer having to bounce from one engine to another at some points know that it's not fun. There's risks of when moving from one thing I know to another means I have to hope that it'll be very similar to what I've been used to using/coding, and be ready for massive changes, including the one biggest problem: I have to start my project all over again from scratch because I can't import everything I've already been working on, and even worse if I've forgotten even one little deal. This often at times in years back left me to having to start something entirely different altogether and/or scrap some projects completely. I'm nothing special so that's just personal frustration, but for bigger companies and such, that's not cool, especially when people are with eyes set on a specific game project. And on that record, what trigger me to start to rant about it now is how I recently saw even Re-Logic (AKA: Terarria, and I actively play this game from them on more than one thing) actually get pissed at Unity and admit that they do not care even if they did apologize and scrap that threat of charging players and developers of Unity for use. For one note, I'm really annoyed because I've had eyes on Terarria from Re-Logic and because Unity done effed-up, they are now forced to move ship to another engine and throw Unity overboard. Due to this, that means Terarria's massive update recently that was almost about to be open soon just got delayed even furthermore, thanks for that. I'm patient, but that was annoying, and I'm not scowling at Re-Logic's extended delay about this.

That's two major things that triggered this cat to hiss at Unity. Complaining
Alala Kuran
Alala Kuran
Dimensional Admin
Dimensional Admin

Number of posts : 2566
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Character sheet
Race: Newman Newman
Personal Title: Crimson-Crystal Core
.: WARNING 0% WARNING 0%

http://heavenlysolace.ucoz.net/

Back to top Go down

(Major) The Fall of Unity Project Empty Re: (Major) The Fall of Unity Project

Post by Alala Kuran Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:37 pm

So here we are: the year now 2024AD. So far, I see less games made with Unity, but there's no affect from them so far, yet... but the question is when are they going to make the foolish move against peeps or if they really decided to give it up and use their brains now? One way to find out is to wait, I guess. Suspect
Alala Kuran
Alala Kuran
Dimensional Admin
Dimensional Admin

Number of posts : 2566
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Character sheet
Race: Newman Newman
Personal Title: Crimson-Crystal Core
.: WARNING 0% WARNING 0%

http://heavenlysolace.ucoz.net/

Back to top Go down