Heavenly Solace: Shikigami Force MKII
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 296 on Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:44 am
Counter System

Playstation 4? WTF is its potential..?

+2
EroNeko
Alala Kuran
6 posters

Go down

Playstation 4? WTF is its potential..? Empty Playstation 4? WTF is its potential..?

Post by Alala Kuran Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:00 pm

White Len : Um, well not like I'll ever be able to get one soon, but to ask those
who already have one... I've heard rumors that it's able to do what he PS2
did and of what made Playstation stand out better than the rest at the time:
backwards play. (of all the previous games on its system)
Someone said that there is a rate of it being possible... I personally find this
unlikely, but can this myth be confirmed, or busted? For those of you lucky devils
who do have one (or end up with one on your little X-Mas party) please tell me
about it. True or fail?

Last edited by Ren on Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling failure X_X)
Alala Kuran
Alala Kuran
Dimensional Admin
Dimensional Admin

Number of posts : 2566
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Character sheet
Race: Newman Newman
Personal Title: Crimson-Crystal Core
.: WARNING 0% WARNING 0%

http://heavenlysolace.ucoz.net/

Back to top Go down

Playstation 4? WTF is its potential..? Empty Re: Playstation 4? WTF is its potential..?

Post by EroNeko Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:38 pm

well, i don't have one yet. but considering the hardware differences between the platforms, direct play via original disc games should be impossible.
if it support any kind of backward compatibility, it'll be through emulation, which means no ps3 games (except ports :3 ).
it'll probably like nintendo's virtual console, we still have to buy again (digitally) even if we own the original copy.

P.S.
the ps2 was able to play most ps1 games directly cause it actually had a ps1 CPU and other stuff embedded directly to the mainboard XD which should act like a 2nd I/O processor if u're not playing ps1 games. CMIIW
EroNeko
EroNeko
Half Angel/Demon

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2012-04-25

Character sheet
Race: Half-Beast (Neko) Half-Beast (Neko)
Personal Title: The Lord of Perversion
.:

Back to top Go down

Playstation 4? WTF is its potential..? Empty Re: Playstation 4? WTF is its potential..?

Post by Azursia Siaku Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:37 pm

The only thing I know is that any ps1 type games (FF7-9) that where avalible as digital copies for ps3/psp where you only need 1 purchase to play it on both carries over to ps4/psvita. I'm not sure if the ps4 can even play those yet but wtf is the point since you can't carry the saves over.
Azursia Siaku
Azursia Siaku
Absent Unit

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2013-09-14

Character sheet
Race: Half-Beast (other)
Personal Title: Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by EroNeko Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:47 pm

as for ps1 or ps2 games i prefer to play them on emu. i need the save state and speed throttle feature XD
EroNeko
EroNeko
Half Angel/Demon

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2012-04-25

Character sheet
Race: Half-Beast (Neko) Half-Beast (Neko)
Personal Title: The Lord of Perversion
.:

Back to top Go down

Post by Satsujinki Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:39 pm

The PS4 is incapable of playing PS3 games in any shape or form at this stage. There will be streaming via Gaikai available in the near future for PS3 games. But as opposed to buying a digital copy, you are streaming the game.

As far as I'm aware of, PS2 and PS1 games are a no go on the PS4. Graphically, the gap between 3 and 4 isn't as high as a lot of people think as 4 supports better textures and weathering effects (as noted in Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag). The main feature of the PS4 is to run games at a smooth 60 fps (frames per second) allowing for smooth, fluid gameplay.

Below is a comparison image I've found noting the differences.

Playstation 4? WTF is its potential..? M8p8
Satsujinki
Satsujinki
The Last Seraph

Number of posts : 2366

Character sheet
Race: Humanoid/Human Humanoid/Human
Personal Title: Seraphim
.:

http://saiyajinmui.mugen-infantry.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Alala Kuran Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:05 pm

Guess the myth is busted then. Ouch on that end.  *Facepalm!* 

I'm also still expecting the usual that the USA will fail at everything badly as always. It was less than four years that the PSP roster here came to a crashing halt forever while stuff in Japan is still in development now, same is looking as grim for the Vita here too. I was forced to demote back to the lame USA version and still nothing new here from four years ago yet.
Alala Kuran
Alala Kuran
Dimensional Admin
Dimensional Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alala Kuran Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:44 pm

Bump for an alert. For the following week I am silent due to taking my (horrible) job very seriously. Due to me being deceptively calm at most, seems the (bossy) bossman decided to bump up the pay to $200 midmonth + $100 endmonth payload. Due to some minor setbacks, I only have half the bonus for it right now; however, as of why I bump this topic up one last time is due to the fact that of my mostly online absence, I am super-close to buying it for my hubby this point next week and this time new instead of a used one.

So, from your personal experience(s) for those of you who have/had one, I want to know:

-your thoughts,
-is this worth a buy?,
-the pros,
-the cons,
-why are there quite a few being taken back to GameStop shops? Suspect (is there a huge problem I need to watch out for?)
-*a certain ARKS unit has a question as well....
she asks this:

I will be needing a fill-in for this as soon as possible, please. accepted

*currently I don't have anything for it yet but from what seems the consoles say, I have:
Full-year PSN activated,
Resogun,
Guilty Gear XRD Sign,
Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires (?) <-NOT sure if PS3 version of download =/= PS4 version, it IS confirmed by save data however.... A new player?

Targets wanted:
Dragonball Xenoverse (I made a sworn promise to Satsujinki here, I will hold up to it, even if it's late!)
Toukiden Kiwami (Cross-Play Co-Op possible!)
Alala Kuran
Alala Kuran
Dimensional Admin
Dimensional Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lag Seeing Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:18 am

i've only borrowed a PS4 for a few days in failed attempts of doing something previously possible on a PS3. the system is sold primarily as a game system, and little more, whereas PS3 was a multimedia system. with PS4, you of course get the latest games, somewhat upscaled graphics, and given how the economy is, a more focused community. the one bonus i like is streamlined twitch streaming from the system itself, w/o the need for 3rd party hardware.

now for the cons as i see them. as Mui pointed out, no backwards compatibility, outside of buying from PSN. any previous PSN purchases (dlc, PS1/2 classics, etc) will NOT carry over to the new system, and will have to be repurchased. as i mentioned, this is not a multimedia system, so it's impossible to copy music and videos to listen to at your leisure. there is a spotify app, which plays music off the net, which has in-game functionality (only on PS4, PS3 doesn't have this), however, the music chosen is region locked. and the big downer to me (which can be grudgingly acceptable) is they force you to have a PS+ account in order to play online. i have no idea if this will ever be dropped in the future once PS3 is no longer supported, but that single thing alone stops me from ever wanting the system at any time soon
Lag Seeing
Lag Seeing
Infernal Soldier

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2009-12-04

Character sheet
Personal Title: Rookie Bee
.:

Back to top Go down

Post by Alala Kuran Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:01 pm

..........so they took the X-Box way on that tab for the online stuff huh...? I don't like the sound of that. Neutral

....well still sounds like worth a go but I will NOT be ignoring our PS3 & XB360. Oh and one other question: How's the maximum system space limit for this one? Is it better than usual PS3s' limits? 80GB is quite tiny.
Alala Kuran
Alala Kuran
Dimensional Admin
Dimensional Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lag Seeing Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:20 pm

default on PS4 storage is 500 gigs (much like the PS3 Super Slim i have), however sony recently announced a TB slim model we should be seeing fairly soon
Lag Seeing
Lag Seeing
Infernal Soldier

Character sheet
.:

Back to top Go down

Post by RenYami Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:33 am

FO-Newearl : I'd hate to wait longer just to get a 1TB type.... but darn that sounds quite tasty for memory space, lol! Laughing

Anyway, a half-week left and soon, very soon, things will start to roll out as planned. I only stopped off at other spots for a pointless break for no reason (was a bad mistake too), but seems starting Monday is when things are going to get very tense in my area.

Oh also another side question: some people say rumor has it that Playstation 4 controllers are backwards-compatable with a Playstation 3 and that they can also work for Android devices, and some even say for PC as well too, is this true? Shocked
RenYami
RenYami
Radiant Doppelganger
Radiant Doppelganger

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-11-11

Character sheet
Personal Title: Pervert-FONewearl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lag Seeing Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:29 pm

idk about android, as i haven't tried it, but yes. they can work on PS3s and PCs as well. though you should take caution with this. there were some early PS4 reports of people who used the PS4 controller to play PS3 games, and they inadvertently purchased PSN games on the PS4 since it can apparently control both at the same time
Lag Seeing
Lag Seeing
Infernal Soldier

Character sheet
.:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lag Seeing Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:25 pm

small update, apparently announced at E3, and available for download tonight, PS4 is getting a media player app, for playing movies and viewing images, just as PS3 has
Lag Seeing
Lag Seeing
Infernal Soldier

Character sheet
.:

Back to top Go down

Post by RenYami Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:26 am

Ooh, well perhaps the wait is worth it then after all, just tomorrow to go then on Wednesday I can finally carry out what I promised!
RenYami
RenYami
Radiant Doppelganger
Radiant Doppelganger

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-11-11

Character sheet
Personal Title: Pervert-FONewearl

Back to top Go down

Post by Alala Kuran Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:58 pm

Okay and there we are. I've finally got it!

The good news:
1- I managed to get a Playstation 4, finally!
2- I got one free game with it!

The Bad news:
1- I had to get a used one... again... No (I hate getting used systems, I normally go for new ones fresh from the box)
2- I did not have enough for a proper (new) console.... $20 short, but better than not having one I guess for now. Shame that.
3- Initializing it takes forever, ugh. System Failure sucks (there was a blank "user" set to go for a quick start, but I don't trust others' USED data, so I scrapped it for a clean slate)
Alala Kuran
Alala Kuran
Dimensional Admin
Dimensional Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lag Seeing Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:52 pm

makes me think of when i got my PS3 from ebay. used obviously, but it had a few games pre installed. all of which were free to play titles like Tekken Revolution and Dust 514, lol
Lag Seeing
Lag Seeing
Infernal Soldier

Character sheet
.:

Back to top Go down

Post by Alala Kuran Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:07 pm

I was slow to respond; actually scratch the last note: family had demanded I get rid of it and get a new one instead of used this time and it happened. Oops!

Notes so far:
I do have the following -
Resogun,
The Last of Us (bonus with New Console),
Bloodborne (bonus with New Console)

I do NOT have:
Guilty Gear XRD (but I do have the DLC)
Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires (DLC yes, PS4 game NOT yet...)

I want:
The two above,
Dragonball Xenoverse,
Toukiden: Kiwami,
Super Stardust Ultra
Phantasy Star Nova (on Vita, I emphasize this) <- lol sorry I still want this!
Nano Assault Neo-X (Well now! How the hell did a NDS game get here!? Now I want it!)

Random notes:
What it does-
*Controller is confirmed for backwards compatibility as how everyone here told me. The thing is I had to unplug the PS4 though when using it or avoid using the PSN button. Laughing
*Controller most likely works with PC as well, I confirmed this with PSO2 and it picked it up for sure! The problem is I have to remap the button layout if I plan on using it over the XB360 controller later, lol! (not doing that yet but most likely I know it works now!) Oops!
*The PS4 picks up media servers (computers) much faster than the other two consoles: XB360 & PS3 does.
*It still does allow various region PSN users to cooperate on the same console (i.e: such as a JP + US user combo)
*It wants a user to use his/her microphone headset to operate it as well like how the Xbox360 wanted too, but too shy for that! Cute Laugh
*It wants to connect to facebook as well (but there's some problems... it lost me there)

--more functions to test out soon! I will let my husband Luke (AKA: Vastell) test it out starting later on tonight for more details of what does what.

Last edited by Alala Kuran on Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I found out more about this little box!)
Alala Kuran
Alala Kuran
Dimensional Admin
Dimensional Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum