Heavenly Solace: Shikigami Force MKII
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 296 on Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:44 am
Counter System

Darius Burst: Chronicle Saviors

2 posters

Go down

Darius Burst: Chronicle Saviors Empty Darius Burst: Chronicle Saviors

Post by Vastell Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:18 am

Just so happened I took a look at an old vid of mine on channel and suddenly something caught my eye to the edge of the right. on the advertisements I started to notice and think "What is this 'Chronicle Saviors' version of the game?" so I took a look and found out they were advertising the latest version of it right alongside of my own emulated run of the original Darius Burst PSP version and so happens:

-It's on Steam, PS4 and Vita, all at once!
-Localized and not just in Japan anymore since quite a hit
-It was just released very recently!

and so there we have it. The PS4 version of Darius Burst: Chronicle Saviors is the most expensive SHMUP I've ever purchased for a certain someone, a whooping $60 and is Download-Exclusive. I can clearly see why though, it's nothing like the little emulated version I recorded before:
-This sucker has up to nine ships to select this time! That's quite a lot (though R-Type Final was the God of Character Selection Laughing ) R9-A1
-It's only down to two modes, but both are in-depth and massive! Arcade mode now has Infinite Lives mode like R-Type: Dimensions, and is half of KoTai's Nemesis Online; there can be up to 4 wingmen at once in the dogfight. There's also the new "Chronicle Saviors" mode which is the game's staple point; it's a mass mission mode and story mode in one with several branched situations to choose from and were you lucky enough to get lots of points, can randomly select your own fighter later on instead of preset craft.
-This version has a lot of bosses compared to the original; shame 'tis a majority of same-old opponents with much more weapons and new tricks up their sleeves.....
....or is it?! Actually there are several new faces here such as Giant Crabs with search lasers and swordfish with a chained tongue and who also get fed up if you scrap all of their armaments and litterally do like the Vastian RYNEX in Thunderforce-V... where they will pull out bigger guns and armor to back himself/herself up after losing all weapons (that is if the boss doesn't die already Twisted Evil )

Well, that's so far what I know. More words on my livestream than here would make sense as you can see me doing some stuff in action and hear my trashtalk from doing poorly at a SHMUP in the morning. Oops!

Enjoy. Laughing
P.s: there is note that Silverhawks can get into massive and epic "Beam Fights" with the bosses, but I have yet to know how to do it in this game. I only knew how to do it in a previous Darius game (was it Darius Gaiden...?) but anyway it's possible. I just can't figure how yet. A new player?
Vastell
Vastell
Anubis the Balancer of Life

Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2007-11-19

Character sheet
Race: Dragon Dragon
Personal Title: ORN-Drake
.: WARNING 0% WARNING 0%

Back to top Go down

Darius Burst: Chronicle Saviors Empty Re: Darius Burst: Chronicle Saviors

Post by LurkerGear-V Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:03 am

The music in your other video was better, but this isn't bad either. I do remember it was Darius Gaiden where if an enemy ship/monster was captured and befriended, he/she could be sacrificed into beam energy. I assume it might be dependent on the type of space fighter you select to trigger it.
LurkerGear-V
LurkerGear-V
Legendary Unit
Legendary Unit

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2012-05-23

Character sheet
Race: Newman Newman
Personal Title: Descender Gear
.:

Back to top Go down