Heavenly Solace: Shikigami Force MKII
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 296 on Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:44 am
Counter System

Playstation 5 vs Playstation 4, both actually are great

Go down

Playstation 5 vs Playstation 4, both actually are great Empty Playstation 5 vs Playstation 4, both actually are great

Post by Alala Kuran Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:40 pm

Arala Cran : Ok so luckily this year on that special kind of time of the year I know personally, I own a PS5! Winner!
There's pros and cons of having it of course, so here's my insight personally comparing it against the 4K-Heavyweight PS4 Pro.

Pros of 5 over 4:
PS5 literally does load X10 faster than basic PS4 times on lots of games truly as they say (not everything though, but lots of them are way faster!)

I'd say the Playstation 5 is like the PS2 was compared to the old PS1 itself, to the PS4; quite versitile both where it can run almost everything owned on the PS4 and then of its own too, downloaded games carry over too (you have to download them yourself and download your saved data if a PS-Gold user, ouch if not then you'll have to start your data for said game over again but the game itself stays on account even if not Gold)

It also starts off for HD mode and can get even prettier for graphics.

System holds quite a strong Wi-Fi and will even stagger-hold a connection if your router broke for at least 2 minutes before it notices it can't anymore lol (happened when a parent tripped the router off)

Neutral line:
There's not enough "original" games for the PS5 as of yet since it's new still.

System is still region-free, allowing multiple regions to use it (US and JP, etc) without being barred off unless the game developer chooses to not be nice; aka: still can play a JP game on a US console and account too if already there and backwards.

Cons for falling under the 4 vs the 5:
Capacity is only like the standard PS4 models, less than 1TB so not very high...

Console is as heavy and hefty in size as that of a behemoth! It's SUPER heavy!

The shape of the console is awkward, making it be more of the vertical stander instead of laying flat. There's a provided "stand" but it's terrible (especially against the PS5's sheer weight) and will often slip off easily, I almost dropped it once! Overjoy but fails

Certain TV models of old or different kinds will NOT work with the PS5's HD port, console is too strong for lesser things!

Like Xbox, only one person at a time may be logged in and will force the other off if using the same controller.

DualSense controller uses Type-C port connecting, the more odd, expensive kind making it harder to charge if not with a proper charger.

Does not allow custom theme change unlike the PS4 as of yet, lacking the function for now.

Noteworthy info about the Playstation 4 as it still has a good standing:
Pros for PS4 over 5:
Has high capacity for itself by default (1TB) and can be switched out for higher drives up to 8TB if one knows what they're doing!

Allows "Themes" to be used instead of system default,

Can remote-play with a PS-Vita easier,

Finds more games on-time than the PS5 could tell at times (especially if someone has eyes for one that works for both, seems the PS4 is the "early bird")

Built flat making it easier to set both ways; vertical or flat horizontal, and can fit in other places easily,

Fairly easier to buy around this time compared to the PS5 (but even this is saying much),

Allows multiple people to be logged in at once,

Neutral line:
System is Region-Free that allows JP games to be played on a US console provided a JP friend has her/his data on it with the US player active.

Cons in why it's time to move on to the next-gen:
Wi-Fi is weak for a rather powerful system; seems like it has all other functions stronger over networking. (bad for games like Phantasy Star Online 2 or Monster Hunter, God Eater, etc.

System is slowly becoming obsolete (not yet though, will be a long time before that) compared to some newer games coming ahead sooner or later,

Some games don't run very well on it in terms of graphics and/or loading times, etc. (that number is VERY few, not even a bother)

So on that note, of course I favor the PS5 over the 4 and use it now. Cute Laugh
Alala Kuran
Alala Kuran
Dimensional Admin
Dimensional Admin

Number of posts : 2566
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Character sheet
Race: Newman Newman
Personal Title: Crimson-Crystal Core
.: WARNING 0% WARNING 0%

http://heavenlysolace.ucoz.net/

Back to top Go down