Heavenly Solace: Shikigami Force MKII
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 296 on Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:44 am
Counter System

World of Warcraft thread

4 posters

Go down

World of Warcraft thread Empty World of Warcraft thread

Post by Dark Knight Cecil Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:57 pm

Not sure if any of you play World of Warcraft, but stupidity is the #1 thing you'll see on any server.

The latest patch came out today. New raid boss and what not. So, I decide to get into a pug my guildies are in. You know what happens? My decently geared death knight, Rosa (geared for end-game raids) gets passed over for another death knight with fucking crappy gear (uncommon and rares compared to my epic gear). To make matters worse, they drop the boss, and lo and behold, gear for Rosa drops! It pisses me off so fucking much how stupid and idiotic people are in WoW.

Last edited by Cecil on Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dark Knight Cecil
Dark Knight Cecil
Delusory Knight

Number of posts : 908
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Character sheet
Race: Dwarf
Personal Title: Crusader
.:

Back to top Go down

World of Warcraft thread Empty Re: World of Warcraft thread

Post by CerebusGirl Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:58 pm

Wow, now that sucks. Maybe you should report that to the staff and demand your arsenal back from a bad patch upgrade issue or something. World of Warcraft thread Icon_eek
CerebusGirl
CerebusGirl
Amethyst Vixen (2nd Admin in command)
Amethyst Vixen (2nd Admin in command)

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2007-10-18

Character sheet
Race: Newman Newman
Personal Title: Selfish Princess
.: WARNING 0% WARNING 0%

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Knight Cecil Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:49 am

Sadly, you can't report someone for being a complete bitch. Though, myself and some of my guildies will probably never raid with that girl again.

Something my guildie showed me was the dps charts for the boss. Including my guildie, 2 people put out more than 4k damage per second (dps). Everyone else was under that. I can put out 4k dps on both my paladin in offspec Ret and my DK without even trying.
Dark Knight Cecil
Dark Knight Cecil
Delusory Knight

Character sheet
.:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Knight Cecil Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:19 pm

This involves the world's best guild, Ensidia, and the final encounter of the current expansion, the Lich King.

Basically, Ensidia got the world first kill on 25-man Lich King last night. However, they didn't get to keep it. Why? Because Blizzard was too lazy to fully test the encounter. The rogues in the 25-man were using Saronite Bombs, a part of their normal DPS rotation, which had glitched part of the encounter, making it slightly easier. So, Blizzard banned them for 72 hours due to an "exploit" and took their loot and achievements for the fight.

I'm on Ensidia's side for this one. Blizzard should have done far more testing on the Lich King encounter (It was never tested on the Public Test Realm [PTR], so player testing was never done).

They kind of rushed this last raiding instance all together. Several bosses have been nerfed (difficulty lowered), or were just so bugged, they had to be hotfixxed. One example is the very first boss, Lord Marrowgar (I call him Skeleton Legion because he is a mass of skeletons just as Legion is a mass of bodies). He was doing way too much damage on 10-player, so they had to fix him. Hell, the past 3 days, Blizzard's been resetting the servers at 8 am EST (5 am PST) because of bugs and glitches with the last 4 bosses they added (Toravon, Sindragosa, Boss whose name I can't remember [it's a dragon], and Lich King).

--------Edit--------
Read some posts by some Ensidia members on this. Apprently the guild leader himself is quitting WoW because of this.

--------Edit 2--------
Ensidia lost the World First 25-man kill of Lich King to another top raiding guild, Paragon. Rooting for Ensidia for the World First Heroic mode 25-man Lich King kill.
Dark Knight Cecil
Dark Knight Cecil
Delusory Knight

Character sheet
.:

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dutch Guy Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:33 am

In a way, makes me glad I'm not playing WoW.
The Dutch Guy
The Dutch Guy
Infernal Soldier

Number of posts : 402
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Character sheet
Race: Spirit Entity Spirit Entity
Personal Title: Eternal Shield
.:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Knight Cecil Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:13 am

I still play for 3 reasons.

1) I'm in a raiding guild now as one of the main tanks
2) I have nothing else to do
3) Warcraft is really fun.

Blizzard just kinda fucks over their players every now and then. They really rushed getting Icecrown Citadel out, so it's been riddled with bugs.
Dark Knight Cecil
Dark Knight Cecil
Delusory Knight

Character sheet
.:

Back to top Go down

Post by Alala Kuran Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:06 pm

World of Warcraft thread Cs-2_Boss_Arala2-1
Arala Cran : Good Lord that's so dreadful! I do hope you can have a chance to get your gear back or something better than the last batch. Sad

I know exactly how that feels, and it's awful!
Alala Kuran
Alala Kuran
Dimensional Admin
Dimensional Admin

Number of posts : 2566
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Character sheet
Race: Newman Newman
Personal Title: Crimson-Crystal Core
.: WARNING 0% WARNING 0%

http://heavenlysolace.ucoz.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Knight Cecil Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:18 pm

I'm not in Ensidia (they're a EU guild). Though, I hope they get their gear back, too.

If you mean the VoA thing, yeah. It sucks, but that particular raid is like that. 4 bosses with little else inside, and they each drop 2 pieces from a tier. Toravon drops t10, Koralon drops t9, Emalon drops t8, and Archavon drops t7.
Dark Knight Cecil
Dark Knight Cecil
Delusory Knight

Character sheet
.:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Knight Cecil Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:31 pm

Changed topic title so that I, as well as other users, can post about the game as a whole, rather than just the failures.

Moved to Online Games as well.

-----------------------------------------------

The guild I'm part of, Brigade, finally downed Rotface last Friday. Rotface is one of the new raid bosses in Icecrown Citadel (ICC), released about a month ago. We've been having trouble with him, mainly due to people not paying attention at all times during the fight. Well, we finally down the damned thing, but due to people not being able to make it (much to the annoyance of my guild leader), we weren't able to continue, and raid lockouts reset tomorrow. So, we have to go through the first wing again (which I don't mind too much. I still need some drops from the third boss) and pray we can down Rotface again.

I did get some awesome upgrades to my equipment, though. Replaced my 232 neck with a 251, as well as my t9 legs with 251 legs. I did feel a little bad, as the other tank lost the neck to me, and he already had the legs.

Note: This was done on 10-man ICC.

I did a run of 25-man ICC with a pug. While I didn't get any loot (and lost some epic 264 tank bracers to a Brigade deserter), I've learned that I can tank the first wing of 25-man successfully.
Dark Knight Cecil
Dark Knight Cecil
Delusory Knight

Character sheet
.:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Knight Cecil Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:00 pm

Grrr.... today is maintenance day for WoW, which is fine. Servers are normally up by 2:00. It's 7:00 now, and I still can't get onto my server T-T
Dark Knight Cecil
Dark Knight Cecil
Delusory Knight

Character sheet
.:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Knight Cecil Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:58 am

A couple of things.

First, the Lich King has been downed on my server (Garona US). Edge, our server's top guild, kicked his ass late Thursday night on 25-man. The entire server has gotten an awesome addition to Dalaran: 5 statues in the middle of Dalaran, four around the fountain and one on top. There are also two plaques that show the ending cinematic that you get for downing the Lich King. Being that I've played through Warcraft 3, and thus, helped create the Lich King through both campaigns (base and expansion), I'm elated that Arthas can finally rest.

Second, my guild, Brigade, did awesome last night in Icecrown Citadel. With only 5 wipes total, we blew through the first wing (2nd boss gave us trouble due to the weekly quest, adding in a really annoying element), as well as downing two of the bosses in the second wing, Festergut and Rotface, on which, we one-shot Rotface and 3-shot Festergut (after a small strategy change). We're continuing onto Professor Putricide tonight, the final boss of the second wing.
Dark Knight Cecil
Dark Knight Cecil
Delusory Knight

Character sheet
.:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Knight Cecil Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:50 pm

Well, they've added a buff to Icecrown Citadel now that increases our raid's health, damage, and healing by 5%. Tomorrow, it should be 10%.

I did get annoyed with my guild leader last Saturday though.

For one, she gives up way to easily on fights when we only spend about two hours on them (which is hypocritical of her, since she has stated that the guild used to wipe for hours on end on one boss in Burning Crusade before downing them).

Secondly, when we decided to try another boss, after a few wipes, I suggested to her that we try using one tank (since there are only a few adds that I actually have to tank) rather than two to allow DPS to burn down adds faster (the group was split into two groups since adds spawned from both sides of the room). Anyways, she says no because they had tried it last week (even though she said they weren't because I wasn't there and they had a crappy ass tank that NEVER shuts the hell up) and it didn't work. Then, she listens to one of the officer's and tries THEIR idea of using a 4th healer. Honestly, what the hell. That's a great way to piss off your main tank. After we call the raid for the night, she whispers me and tells me that she didn't know about the 4th healer and that her response to my idea was only "why fix what isn't broken", which is bull when I was looking at her response from four wipes ago.

Thirdly, and this is from a guildie and friend of mine, she doesn't think that we are dedicated enough to actually review fights beforehand and give 100% during them. I agree with my guildie on this, because if we weren't, would we really be in the raid in the first place, spending nearly 6 hours wiping on one boss? Hell, she doesn't even want to try an old raid on a higher difficulty because they had tried it once before and never got past the third boss (which is a PvP-style fight and extremely hard), even though the guild now has more members and several of us (including myself) and far better geared than we really need to be for it.
Dark Knight Cecil
Dark Knight Cecil
Delusory Knight

Character sheet
.:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Knight Cecil Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:14 pm

Some updates on my toons and the guild progress in ICC.

First off, I got an awesome upgrade for my main toon, Mildennais, just before coming to class today. It's an token that lets me upgrade one of my pieces of tier gear. Pugged ICC25. Since the pug was only able to do the first four bosses (do to most of the raid having to go do something else), there wasn't much loot. No tank loot dropped off any of the bosses, but RNG decided it liked those of us who didn't get drops, and dropped TWO tokens for paladins/priests/warlocks. I rolled crappy on the first mark (like a 46 or something) and lost it. Then I beat out everyone by rolling a 100! Made me extremely happy, since every boss has some nice tank loot that didn't drop.

Edit: Oh, another thing for that ICC25. Precious dropped her shirt, Precious Ribbon. It was ninja'd, but not on purpose. The person apologized and everything. People don't understand that the shirt cannot be traded, even with the Bind-on-Pickup 2hr trade thing that Blizzard had added. The shirt itself does nothing to alter gameplay, it just gives you a vanity buff called "Best in Show".

Onto the guild progress in our ICC 10, we're getting better. We have set the beginning wing to "farm" status for our mains since we blow through that in about two hours (our quickest time has been an hour on the first wing). Festergut and Rotface give us a bit of trouble sometimes, but not as much as before, especially with the new buff they added (lore-based buff, ashen verdict gained power and our main alliance leader decided to show up, so we got a 5% buff to health/healing/damage). We also tackled Dreamwalker, a fun boss fight that reverses the roles of the raid. We are healing this boss, rather than killing her. We've only downed her once (I stepped down this week, and when I came to fill in for the missing tank, the other tank was fucking it up). The event after her was a nice surprise. We got ambushed by spiders and gave them a good thrashing. However, the boss after it, Sindragosa, gave us a lot of trouble and we ended up calling it. I do think she was bugged, because we had been line-of-sighting the debuff like we were supposed to, but it stayed on us. The transistion from phase 1/2 to phase 3 also needs some work, since both tanks end up having the debuff.
Dark Knight Cecil
Dark Knight Cecil
Delusory Knight

Character sheet
.:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Knight Cecil Wed May 05, 2010 5:27 pm

Brigade is finally up to the Lich King. We would have been to him two weeks ago, but Sindragosa was being her usual bitchy self. The ICC buff is up to 15% now, making the instance a whole lot easier, with us clearing the first week in an hour at most.

Brigade's WoWstead here's the link to Brigade's guild site. You'll be able to see some screenshots our guild leader took when we downed some of the bosses.
Dark Knight Cecil
Dark Knight Cecil
Delusory Knight

Character sheet
.:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Knight Cecil Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:10 am

We're up to Lich King again after much annoyance (Sindragosa being a bitch of a boss, guildies not coming, some not even wanting to raid). Buff is at 20%, and the guild leader has said we're extending our raid lockout (which, hopefully, she sticks to this time.)

We did do better on Lich King this time than our last encounter with him. Before, we could barely do phase 1, now we can blow through phase 1 with some minor difficulty (i.e., the mechanic of phase 1, the necrotic plague, disappearing and having to rebuild it's stacks) and the phase transition. We die on phase 2 from the new mechanic, Defile, which drops a void zone on a player, and they have to run quickly, or else it grows (grows every time it damages). First one is fine, it's that damned second Defile that kills us. Within seconds, the Defile covers the entire platform.
Dark Knight Cecil
Dark Knight Cecil
Delusory Knight

Character sheet
.:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content